The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lads,
Not sure where to put this? I was down in Cork on Saturday for a session and had to abandon it because the sea conditions were terrible, very coloured water & easterlies. I know the entire south east coast has been bad this past week.
I travelled down from Dublin at 4 in the morning and was back in Dublin after fishing for 4 hrs solid by 3pm!!
Question - When do you think it will improve and what wind direction will help deliver the improvement? I was thinking of heading to East Cork this coming weekend but if the water hasn't shown significant improvment it would be a wasted trip. On the other hand if water quality has picked up it could be a bonanza!!
So Cork/Waterford lads, whats ths craic?

Cheers
Colm

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hello Colm, the water is clearing nicely, a few bass were caught on SPs and lures in the local estuaries on sun (Look at David Normans excellent Bass Blog). The wind is due to go to the North on wed so the water will be vey clear. Get back in th car:mrgreen:
regards
Bob

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one Bob, the wife is away with her mates the weekend so I'll have the kids in tow but its very, very tempting!!

·
Banned
58 Posts
Conditions

I guess we got it right Colm - things tidying up here since Monday lunctime - taking some lovely fish on the surface at distance at the moment - Going to Cork in the morning to fly fish 'till Friday.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys, Jim you called it well last week, we were greeted with a sea of grey last Saturday, however the trip was made up for by the sight of a young sea otter working the shoreline for a good 30 minutes, its the kind of thing that keeps body and soul ticking over when the fishing is light. (well mine anyhow!!).

Cheers
Colm

·
Registered
380 Posts
no pat down naval.etc on shore all fish was taken on motherworms on 20 g jig head.out on boat today with dan linch and had loads of cod pollock whiting on sp.s had a 6lb cod on wave worm.great day out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
no pat down naval.etc on shore all fish was taken on motherworms on 20 g jig head.out on boat today with dan linch and had loads of cod pollock whiting on sp.s had a 6lb cod on wave worm.great day out.
***, that's a heavy enough jighead. I normally use 17g noise jigs with motherworms when boat fishing and thats about as heavy as I go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts