The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am still new to sea fishing so would appreciate some advice.

I am planning to go fishing tonight around 19:00, using 4" Sidewinder sandeels.

I live in St Helier so would appreciate some suggestions for places to try. I am mostly catching pollack at the moment but am really going out for the sport so any species would be good.

If anyone has a really good recommendation for affordable lures that would be great too.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Why not wait and come tomorrow night ?

I'm putting a report on last nights fishing later. Harder but some nice fish. All on soft plastics.
We scared the bait fishermen anyways...LOL

Welcome to the forum m8

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not wait and come tomorrow night ?

I'm putting a report on last nights fishing later. Harder but some nice fish. All on soft plastics.
We scared the bait fishermen anyways...LOL

Welcome to the forum m8
I would be up for that but already have plans for tomorrow. Would definitely be up for joining you all at some point I have so much to learn.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
PM me your details, phone number etc and I'll keep you informed of what is happening.

Read the plastics catch reports to give you some idea of what to try and we'll bring you up to speed when you come with us.

we tend to do 2 X night trips + at least 1 X soft plastics wrasse trip per week.

It's good fun so pop along.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Jersey Plugger,

Welcome to The Lure Forum.

Keep an eye out for Keiths posts or PM him as to when we may be fishing next.

We have two other forum members that have just started fishing with us that are Googans (newcomers to modern lure fishing).

Don't know what your budget is, but you can still get some very good plugs for under£10. If you use Mr Fishes Tackle Shop as him if you can look at the River to Sea plugs, and the Storm Plugs and the Rapala plugs, the Dexta Euro Vibs in 15G, Bombers, Mr Fish also has soft plastic lures made by Cormoran (5 for £4) they are execlant.

Other tackle shops sell Gulp and Storm soft baits that are good value, But before you buy cheap plugs just put a post on the forum regarding which ones you are considering and someone will get back to you with advice.

Hope that helps,

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts