The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Cornwall for a family holiday and decided to get a session guiding with Bass Masters and took along my brother in law (Trevor)who up until this day had not caught a bass on the lure. We met Nathan and Rob at 5am in a car park and drove up the north Cornish coast to a farm track in the middle of nowhere. having parked the cars on the verge we kitted up for the walk to the mark. At this time in the morning with hopes high the walk only seemed to take 10mins this would be a different story on the way back. We then came to the point where we told we had to get down the 250ft cliff to the rocks below. So we followed Nathan with his dad in front scrambling down like a mountain goat ahead of us making sure we knew the track down. Once on the rocks we set our rods up and started fishing this dramatic and pictures spot. Both Nathan and and Rob were excellent at assisting us with any help we needed be it methods we should try and their knowledge of lure fishing. It was not long before I was into a fish of 2.5lbs that gave a good account of its self in the surf from the rocks. Caught on a Zonk 120 French Pearl, I have found this to be my best lure so far this year.
After a tea break supplied by Nathan we fished on through the morning and Trevor was soon into a fish and landed a 4.5lb silver slab and a huge smile on his face. Both Nathan and Rob were so enthusiastic they were able to help Trevor land his first lure caught bass it made his holiday. It was not long after I was into another fish around 3Lb all taken on the 120. As the day moved on we were supplied with lunch and drinks none of which we expected but very much appreciated. By the end of the session with 7 fish up to 5lbs between us and 10 hours of fishing I had to tell Nathan and Rob that much to our disappointment we had to be back by 7pm. I think if I had not said anything they would have fished on till it was dusk. We then had the task of getting back up the cliff and the walk back to the cars. This is where being a mountain goat and fit helps. Rob clearly the eldest person put us all to shame he is in his late 50's and did not even look like he was going to break in to a sweat.
We had a great day with the Bass Masters and both Nathan and Rob are great company and ambassadors for bass lure guiding. I can highly recommend them and as we all know having someone with local knowledge is invaluable so if you are ever in that part of the world make sure you book them up it is well worth it. Now I know Nathan has some photos of the day and have asked him to post them up when he has a spare moment.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Hi Dylan, did he help you cross the road!??? The cliffs were ok it was the bloody pavement that did for me!!!

Reactions: Nathan Taylor

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great post and well done on the fish :p Two super guy's with tonnes of knowledge, how could you go wrong :-D

Reactions: Nathan Taylor

·
Registered
991 Posts
Well done Dylan!! brilliant report mate, sounds like you had great time! Both Nathan and Rob are top blokes, I couldn't recommend them highly enough, fully on top of their game!! Sounds like yet again they worked there magic! I swear they both have some sort of turbos in their boots that they're keeping quiet!! ;-)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I am here crying with laughter!! Thanks guys, really to kind, but you guys did the business, I can only show you the door, it's you that has to walk through it...lol.

Thank you it means alot to hear you had a good time and that we as a business are heading in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great photos Nathan and well done guys :p

·
Registered
623 Posts
Great report and well done all. The location is stunning and is a place I know very well but not from a plugging point of view. I surfed this place for many years and was probably one of the last "secret spots" on the North coast until about 4yrs ago. Many times got clean surf with no one out even on a weekend! I lived in the village just inland from here and this place was the reason for living there. I had one bass there on high tide back when the only way I knew how to fish for bass was spinning a sandeel. My dad had a 4.5lb bass in the surf at low when I was out catching some waves. Thanks guys for reminding me of such a wild and beautiful spot that holds alot of memories for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts