The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... I was for a while - just messin' with heightened senses.

Again conditions were fairly good tonight for a very average mark I fish. Carrying on til after dark I just wanted to ensure my safety.

My only real indication of fish came at about 10 o'clock again. This time a White (chosen because of the bright moon light) xlayer fished on a football head got itself snagged on a bass. Less that a pound and a half. He won't break any records but was happy to catch. Also had a pollack on a saltiga minnow just before dark.

Had one of those sessions where I left feeling like I'd actually fished really well, despite there being just 1 fish to show. Good night out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
HAHA thats brilliant! I was doing the same thing earlier! nearly fell asleep on the yak.. not a good look!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha. Good job I wear a lifejacket on the rocks really. Closing your eyes while waves tumble towards you is a bad idea in theory. Although I wouldn't have been doing it if there was even a chance they could reach me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well done Ben, I am lacking in confidence fishing after dark after my nasty fall in broad daylight last year. Need to get back to it like riding a bike again I suppose.
Know I am missing out, will just have to be extra careful- 20 years ago it probably wouldn`t have bothered me!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Fishing with your eyes shut !! That's different !! Good to be getting out now, and hitting some fish though eh ? Feels like we're getting somewhere !!

Nice one Ben :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts