The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, I'm interested in some lures like these: http://www.hogylures.net/prodpageflounder.htm
I tried ordering them from TackleDirect but after a week they emailed me to say they wanted too charge me $50 p+p; I cancelled the order. I'm just wondering what setup I can use as an alternative. I've got some ambitious plans for them and I'm frustrated by this.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Have you tried ordering them from the Hogy online store?

Wouldn't mind giving them a go myself. About 12 or so years ago, there used to be loads of what look liked tiny Brill in the rock pools and streams on our S.E coast, they looked almost identical to those SPs. I haven't seen one down there for a long time. Keith have you tried anything like that on your patch?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Have you tried ordering them from the Hogy online store?

Wouldn't mind giving them a go myself. About 12 or so years ago, there used to be loads of what look liked tiny Brill in the rock pools and streams on our S.E coast, they looked almost identical to those SPs. I haven't seen one down there for a long time. Keith have you tried anything like that on your patch?
No Liam.

closest i got was a clouser minnow tied with a wide woollen plaited body to look like a flatfish.
Only tested as a laugh really. When it got wet it was too heavy for the rods to cast.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Hi y'all, I'm interested in some lures like these: http://www.hogylures.net/prodpageflounder.htm
I tried ordering them from TackleDirect but after a week they emailed me to say they wanted too charge me $50 p+p; I cancelled the order. I'm just wondering what setup I can use as an alternative. I've got some ambitious plans for them and I'm frustrated by this.
Really interesting lures Tim. I'm hoping that someone has an answer to this, as i fish a mark where i know that the Bass feed on juvenile flatties. I'd love to try a small s/p along these lines !!

Never seen these types of lures before !!! :jump:

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just waiting on a reply from Hogy for the shipping costs. I'm going to try lure fishing for the tope in the summer because I read somewhere that they would rather eat a flatty than ye olde macky flapper. I'm flying by the seat of my pants really - there's not much info about....

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I'm just waiting on a reply from Hogy for the shipping costs. I'm going to try lure fishing for the tope in the summer because I read somewhere that they would rather eat a flatty than ye olde macky flapper. I'm flying by the seat of my pants really - there's not much info about....
He who dares Rodney . . . . . he who dares . . . . . !!! :clap:

·
Banned
792 Posts
50US$$$ ???

ASk Cabelas they charge you only 28US$$ p&p.

Cheers
Thomas

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
import duty?

Aye... I just wonder when the customs start kicking in? At that p+p I'd want to get enough to make it worth it, with a raft of tax on top it's less appealing!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've just sent Tackle Direct an email to see the cost of shipping a shimano sienna 1000fb reel only about $29 on their site and not available over here, shall be interesting to see what they quote me for that.... :eek: :shock: :eek:

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cabella's are quoting a mere $20 for postage, it's looking more feasible now. How does the import duty work? Does is come down to the final value of the deal? I kinda had a rule not to buy from outside the UK before and it's all gone out the window now due to this obsession with lures!

·
Registered
285 Posts
They look pretty good to be honest, I'd give them a shot over a sandy beach. I had a bass last year that bled and wouldn't go back. When I gutted it, I found a small flattie, a small gobie and the muscle/foot of a limpet minus the shell in its gut.

Worth a punt if you can get them for a reasonable price.

·
Banned
792 Posts
maybe you can ask for more boardies if they are interested in them and order some more so you share the shipping and customs cost?

Thomas

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gentlemen...........

Did anyone get any after all? Did you/have you had any success? Perhaps I have "missed" any follow-on on these?

You may be interested in the following........

http://www.sovereignsuperbaits.co.uk/Lures/Soft_Baits/Hand-Poured/hand-poured.html#ArtBaitsFlatfish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d08hmnr03HY

:mrgreen:
A blast from the past....
I got a load of the Hogys in the end. I didn't catch on them last year, but last year's Tope expeditions were very few and far between due to a mystical electrical problem in the van. Randomly sold some to Doug junior in Jersey but still have a good selection left and will be giving them further 'testing' in the summer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts