The Lure Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse this stupidly simple question chaps, but for those of you that wear dry trousers, what do you wear on your feet. I realise most come without socks, so do you just wear wetsuit boots? And what about if they have built in socks? What do you wear over the socks? Anything?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Ben

Wondering the same quistion.
Just recieved my drysuit and have those build in socks. Don't want to damage those socks.
Thinking a bout wearing surfboots or wadingshoes under the suit.
Buth with wading shoes i'll think it's better to wear neopreen socks over the build in socks.
To avoid leaking problems.

Hopefully somebody has expirience with this?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Evening Gents, having no experience of canoes.........but dry trousers will mean wet feet, a drysuit with latex booties will give you dry warm toasty toes!!

With a drysuit latex booties, trim your toenails, wear socks under and over the booties and then some wading/wet boots; you can even plonk a pair of neoprene socks on if the need arrives :wackit2:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Si! Any idea what a non-angler would wear if they don't have wading boots? Are there actual wet boots made for general touring? I mostly have my girlfriend in mind. Sorry if this is all a bit simple. I've spent quite a while looking through kayaking stuff but footwear is something that I never see much about.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aaaaaah, perfect! Thanks mate.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ideal! Thanks for pointing those out Si. Now I have an idea of what's out there I should be able to find her something decent. Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For the feet used to were the Crewsaver wet suit boots but have now changed to wellie Muck Boots keep the feet dry and warm and great grip for walking on the rocks when you have a lunch break

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi Bram,

Yes they are a neoprene sock with a sort of cut down training shoe stitched tothe outside.

Suprisingly easy to get on and off, even over a latex sock.

Good grip too.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Hi Bram,

Yes they are a neoprene sock with a sort of cut down training shoe stitched tothe outside.

Suprisingly easy to get on and off, even over a latex sock.

Good grip too.
Do they run true to size Dicky? They look good for summer wading too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got size 9 boots, I am a dainty size 7 and they fit fine over the latex boots.

Oddly they say size L on them though, but I'd say they are about accurate with their sizing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts