The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I wore my wetsuit boots out the other day, and they were suprisingly good for rock hopping. So yes, if you are not going to wear waders but envisage getting wet, I'd give them a go

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your replies for that sort of money they've got to be worth a look
cheers

(thanks for posting up the link for me)

·
Registered
932 Posts
Guys without wishing to start a new thread, can anyone recommend some sandals/shoes that have an ultra grippy grip for when rock hopping? My nike sandals that felt like they sponsored by Michelin and saved my neck on many occasions have decided to finally give up the ghost and I can't find a replacement anywhere :eek:(

I'm not really keen on wetsuit boots as I sometimes cover many miles and trainers are a no no because it's better to let your feet breathe. I've seen those new Shimano "Croc look" shoes but the soles look very dangerous to me.

So does anyone have any pointers please?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Salomon do the Techamphibian 2 for walking, sailing or splashing in and out of the water. They feature breathable open mesh for ventilation and drainage, a protective toe bumper, Contagrip outsole and an adjustable/convertable heel. I have a pair and they are great with an excellent sole. Link below but I got mine on ebay cheaper.

http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/p-31...ogle&utm_medium=shopping&utm-campaign=product

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hi Cojo,

I wear a wet suit and boots to get to a couple of marks which can only be access via a quick swim on a flat sea. I find wetsuit boots offer fair grip on rock, better if barnacled covered but not so good with weed under feet. I don't think I would attempt a long stomp in them. Your probably better of with Nick Anthonys sexy foot ware suggestion. I might get me a pair of those.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I too am looking for some summer footwear for wading and some light rock hoping and am very interested in the Saloman Techamphibian 2 sandals. I have just come across some new Crostrail Crocs (http://www.crocs.co.uk/crocs-crostrail/10721,en_GB,pd.html?cid=30Q&cgid=men-footwear-clogs) and wondered if anyone had tried them and if they are any good.

I have a pair of croc copies and whilst they are comfortable and inexpensive, they are slippery as hell when wet (although this isn't the bottom of the shoe slipping on the ground, but my foot slipping inside the shoe, iyswim) and I am not sure if this is because they are cheap copies or if original Crocs also suffer from your feet slipping inside them?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got some teva wet shoes. a bit like stripped down trainers with a velcro strap and pull up braid type laces. they are supportive and are amazingly grippy - more thsn you'd expect and better than their usual strappy wet sandal things. the ones i've got are brown and discontinued now but they do a new model similar. google teva wet shoes or similar...

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you are going to buy a pair of wet suit shoes, make sure they are the good quality sailing ones with a tough sole, because like Ben has just says some of the cheaper alternatives have very thin soft rubber soles making walking on rocks painful. These look like they should fit the bill perfectly:
http://www.sportfish.co.uk/product/orvis-pull-on-flats-boots

1 - 13 of 13 Posts