Forceps & scissors or pliers? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Forceps & scissors or pliers?

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Sea Trout

Hi all,

Would you generally recommend forceps and scissors for unhooking and braid cutting or a pair of "we do everything" pliers? If so any prefered makes & models and why do you use what you use?

I'll take cover and await the onslaught of answers :wink:

thanks,

Mike

2. Pike

I would recommend carrying all three, each are specific tools for a specific job.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like Like x 1
  3. Striper

Mike, I carry a pair of forceps clipped to the shoulder strap of my bag and a small pair of braid scissors in the bag. Have to say the scissors don't come out too often when I'm fishing as I just change the spool if I lose any line or if the leader becomes damaged. Think I got the scissors from Mr Fish. The forceps are just cheapies that a mate of mine gets for nowt so it doesn't matter if they get lost.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Senior Member

I have Scissors, Pliers and a baker hook out.
    The Scissors are small braid cutting scissors with one serrated edge, I think they are Rapala and about £3.99
    The pliers are Bison, very similar to the Snowbee ones but a little cheaper in an Auction.
    Baker hook out from Alan at AGM very easy to use and reasonably priced at about a fiver.
    I also have a small pair of Rapala snips for cutting flouro leaders if tying the lure directly as I find they cut the tag closer to the knot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Striper

Me too....

6. Wrasse

I tend to carry all three, scissors for cutting line, forceps or unhooking and pliers for cutting wire and crushing barbs.