The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I commited a sin that I have to get off my chest.
You have to take into account that I was a VERY desperate man, however that is no excuse for the way I behaved.

It all started innocently with a Mepps spinner (Number 3) and a Patchinko, in frustration of the lack of distance I could cast a Mepps I decided to play GOD ... what if I mixed Metal with Plastic? (I know that's crazy talk)
The next thing I know I'm removing the rear treble hook off my Patchinko and attaching a 4 foot length of line to the disfigured plug and the shiny Mepps.

I now had the POWER of the Patchinko to cast that feeble Mepps into the sunset :evil:
Being sure I wasn't being watched I summond up a devilish laugh (Muhhhahhaaa) and prepared for Launch and sent that Mepps to distances it could only dream of :-D
The Mutant worked!!!!, the 'monster' was spinning away in the distance, Nothing could stop me !!!

However I WAS being Watched !!!! and the Gods stepped in to end this maddness. :-(
I was then punished for my evil deeds.

Somehow my shock leader knot came undone on the 5th cast :-o losing me my Patchinko and Mepps to a watery grave (Where's the cry like a baby smiley?)

I have learnt a very important lesson, leave the technology as the Gods (Japs) intended or they will get revenge !!!! and a slow work day makes me type stuff like this ;-)
So please pray for me to have plenty of work tomorow :-D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Face the east bow down to the rising sun 10 time. Saying I will not fiddle with my bit again.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Face the east bow down to the rising sun 10 time. Saying I will not fiddle with my bit again.
Dave, I can't agree to that, I enjoy fiddling with my bit. :-D
Alex, I was using the mepps for sub surface work.

Thinking about this I need to make my own shoul that is covering all the depths, Patchinko leading the pack towing a z-claw that is towing a feed shallow that is towing ... I better stop feeding my imagination and end this posting;-)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice one Pete.....say a dozen hail Mary's and then go and practise your leader knot...:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts