The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unpacking all my stuff after Weymouth last night. Merrily washing lures, rods and reels in the kitchen sink when my wife looks at me and says softly. "How much do you think your fishing gear is worth and is it covered on the house insurance?"

I replied "Oooo £200 - £300"

....so forgive me for my sins. I feel better for telling you all.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Andy - you must have a very trusting wife indeed! That's is a big fat porky pie you have told there.
On another note, great to finally meet you this weekend :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
The misses doesn't have a clue what my gear costs. If she did my life would be over as she'd probably see it as a double whammy, life insurance and she could ebay my gear and buy herself a new car or something.

I think Tim's a bit jealous ;) There is a downside to George liking his fishing, actually theres two. One, he catches more fish :muttley: and two, his mum will know how much the gear costs as no doubt a lot of it will be Christmas and Birthday pressies :) (apart from when he shows his old man up and wins £100 to spend on new shiney stuff)

·
Registered
773 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Andy, I bet she told you her shoes only cost £30 as well, these things have a way of cancelling themselves out. [/FONT]

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
............ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes, if your gear is worth £2-300 my tackle collection isn't worth a penny over a grand :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Afraid i can't lie anymore, she heard too much from you guy's this weekend, that'll teach me to take my wife when i go to a fishing festival!
Nice to meet all you guys.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
andy can you tell me where i can get cheap gear like that ?????

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Andy, I bet she told you her shoes only cost £30 as well, these things have a way of cancelling themselves out. [/FONT]
Ain't that the truth and that's why they don't compain about all the packages that arrive with unfamiliar postcodes......

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmmmm I think Jon has a few sins of his own he needs to get off his chest too ;)

And Bob, I think Vidars should go in a museum ;)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Jules has been in ****'s shop with me and is under no illusions as to how much gear costs. Obviously I only buy the cheap stuff though......

·
1,866 Posts
Afraid i can't lie anymore, she heard too much from you guy's this weekend, that'll teach me to take my wife when i go to a fishing festival!
Nice to meet all you guys.
Hi Steve..... Great to meet yourself & the wife over the weekend. Cheers for the company at the Indian & Chinese. Looking forward to the next timeI can make it to an event.

Regards

1 - 20 of 27 Posts