The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just looking for some opinions on this one lads.i know of 3 different people who have foul hooked mullet in the last week and again this morning alan hooked into one as well on a p-boy jig.is that the place is thick with them?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think it's harder to foul hook them than it is to catch them, I would have expected the scales to come off allowing the fish to escape.
I have caught mullet and they have swam out of my hands leaving me holding a mass of scales.
(out smarted by a fish again)

Nice fish and nice pic :-D

·
Registered
229 Posts
We foul hook a few mullet here on the plugs, had one of over 7lb tail hooked last year.
Good job I got it in and saw what it was, if I'd have lost it I'd have thought it was a ruddy big bass!

Thing is the flesh is so tough, once you get a hookup they are unlikely to come off.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Had a couple by accident trying to fish under shoals of them for the bass and they certainly go some foul hooked but normally obvious it's a foul hooked something as they fight funny.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Decided to try my luck at bass fishing today, however this mullet didn't like being left out and threw itself onto my plug. :-o
First time I have ever foul hooked a mullet, the mullet got the last laugh on me, I had to wade through loads of deep mud to return it back to the water.

Caught at the mouth of the river Hamble on low tide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts