The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd decided on a trip oop North to see how the fish are there. 60 mile :shock: round trip (a long way when you live on an island!) to Port Mooar. I'd been told there are some big Wrasse there so hopes were high. On arrival the water was dead flat calm. Rubbed my hands in some stinking Halibut oil ;-) and set off.
The ULX is still ill so it was HRF today. 1st cast on the new xlayer clones, I had a good bite, 2nd cast and the threat of blanking was gone:

A 1 1/2 lb Callig to xlayer clone mk3. Second cast had me another Callig of the same kind of weight:

to xlayer clone mk2.

Had another two that were exactly the same as the first two.
Then decided it was time to have a play with the new shinies so a little practice at WTD with a couple of new Patchinkos, Z-claw etc. Clipped on a Zonk in a cool sandeel colour and had a big hiton a slow stilted retreive, this one was a big better, maybe 3lb but never quite made the surface.

A nice day on foreign (to me) marks, nothing massive but there's always next time...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Tim, cracking looking fish, well done :p

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Read your first post Tim & saw the pics, 'Nice pollack' I thought, 'Why's he calling them Callig?'.

Google to the rescue, I now know that they're the same thing:-D

Nice report!

Toby

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Nice sesh Tim and worth the drive IMHO. What's up with the ULX then - did I miss something?

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice sesh Tim and worth the drive IMHO. What's up with the ULX then - did I miss something?
Bust the tip Tim :-( In the process of trying to get a new tip section, only bust 20mm off so a new tip ring for a spare slightly short version as well...

Well done Tim. Sorry that I couldn't make it to show you how it's done ;-)
I missed out on your obvious skill and local knowledge Nige, you really cocked up my day ;-)

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Bust the tip Tim :-( In the process of trying to get a new tip section, only bust 20mm off so a new tip ring for a spare slightly short version as well...

I missed out on your obvious skill and local knowledge Nige, you really cocked up my day ;-)

You kept that quiet Tim. How did you break it????

I know an easy access spot where we can catch coalfish all winter & mullet (up to December) on soft plastics, from around this time of year. We can do it when I get back from Portugal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts