The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Keith today to say I thought things would kick off in this thundery weather. Unfortunately he couldn't make it but Callum managed to get to the mark by 7.30pm.

The conditions were very fishy and bites came straight away, swinging an Ayu Xlayer across a gulley. Small schoolies were around and soon one graced us with its presence.

But we what we were after (honest) was wrasse and after some pollack and couple of smaller fish I got a take that was a bit out of the ordinary. A little pitbull on the bulldog! The 20lb fluoro leader was trashed as the fish fought in boulders in about 6ft of water.

It looked bigger than the 4.11 it made on the scales but I'm not complaining.

A couple more wrasse to Callum on the same lure. He also got a follow from a monster launce, one of the biggest I've seen. Here's one of the wrasse

Then we moved to see if we could find some of those bass and a quick change of lures (Callum beat me to it so someone has been telling him their secrets LOL) and we pulled out another 4 small schoolies as darkness fell and an approaching lightning storm brought proceedings to an end.

All in all a great couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Paul & Callum, fab report and pic's :-D

Those Wrasse look fantastic !

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Great report Paul (although i thought those hats were reserved for the young guns ;) ) !!

Callum, you are really putting in the effort, and getting some great rewards !! Really really well done !! :clap:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Superb stuff guys.

I'll be out tomorrow.

Kids duty and preparing for a bunch of upcoming work. Putting together a few jig and pigs (super pork Callum, Secret Squirrel stuff eh).
Bass like that purple frog...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good lil session there - nice to see some silver

I hit north with m8 yesterday and we had cple of wrasse and m8 had 2.5lb bass

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Callum, you are really putting in the effort, and getting some great rewards !! Really really well done !! :clap:
cheers Simon

great report Paul thanks mate.
oh and thanks for calling me as well you were right about it all kicking off

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Too busy.....

surfing

dreaming

right hand training

looking at unmarked hard lures

and photo's of other people's Bass.

My rates on are on my blog Ritchie...

LOL

Just come out when we say NOW.
And sing...

The song from Shrek I told you to learn. It matters.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Too busy.....

surfing

dreaming

right hand training

looking at unmarked hard lures

and photo's of other people's Bass.

My rates on are on my blog Ritchie...

LOL

Just come out when we say NOW.
And sing...

The song from Shrek I told you to learn. It matters.
LOL...

Surfing is my life and fishing is something that I do for fun. Where as to you its more than that and I totally respect that.

I do always check your blog yeah, thats because you get great fish and its good viewing. Plus someones gotta read it ;)

Those unmarked hard lures are VERY RARELY taken out with me anymore Keith. That being said, if I take me girlfriend fishing with me I let her use them, so there not completly unmarked.

and as for the song from shrek, is that I'm a believer? Well believe this my friend, call me a c*** again and ...........................

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT . . .

My money is on Ritchie - he has Youth & anger on his side !!!

:p

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I know this is annoying but my girlfriend has another surf contest in france that weekend, I can make the friday night and the sunday night?
Tut tut tut . . . girlfriend shmirlfriend. Your fishing buddies will still be there when all that's left of her are distant memories in the spank-bank ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts