The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of the ultimate guides is coming to waterford around the last week in june dates not set yet.if anybody is looking to get him for a days guiding by yourself or up to 4-5 people im sure you would learn a lot pm me for details.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Its a novel idea Pat and fair play for booking him. I have never thought of getting a guide to come and visit me, but if you think about it a guide is a guide, and the french lure fishing is the same as ours really so the watercraft should be the same and you will learn so much with his guidance. Its weird but I can see the reasons you've done it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what i like about it is it will be on homeground and my marks im interested to see what way he will fish my local marks etc.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Pat - good on you, I think it's a great idea. All the Ultimate-connected guys I have met and/or fished with so far have been complete gents. You should have a blast.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i spoke with this guide in nantes he asked me did we have mullet in ireland as they are one of his most favourite fish to catch.he told me of the way he fishs for them using a spoon and its very productive so he will show me when he comes.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
hope it works out for you Pat its certainly thinking oustide the square
have you heard anything from our own Pat Gallagher this year...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it should be interesting to see how the french do it barry.i have not heard from pat gallagher so far this year before xmas he had swine flu.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
fcuk en hell Pat thats not good for the lad hope he is on the mend

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now I'm Thinking..........

Wander what the costs are, as I suppose his digs and transport would have to be included?
Be nice to get him down our way some time . I'm sure there will be enough interest.
Interested in taking the mullet on an unbaited lure, would be great to see.
I think this is a good idea and good for ultimate as a demo of how to get the best from there lures ect would be good.
Nice idea Pat..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts