The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys not in the sea but what the heck...Just got a load of SP's from AGM. Never fished SP's before! So you could imagine I was eager to get out and use them, also some waters I've meant to try but never got round to it. As you guys know I live in Manchester near the MEN. Often wondered if there were any fish in the canals and rivers in the town center, nothing ventured and all that. Yesterday evening I fished two areas right in the city center.(strange fishing with all those commuters around). First venue had two pike both on 5" Fin-S's, fished sink and draw one jack of about 3lb, the other a good pike around 9/10lb. (sorry no pic's camera battery flat). So on to next venue a very strange area (if any of you remember someone painted the "C" out of the street name so it spelt something more fitting LOL). Anyway had four good perch on small Slug-go's with a normal retrieve. So all in all a good evening and well worth another go. PM me if anyone wants to know the places!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I bet the natives thought your SP's were something VERY different....!!!! Often wondered about how the canal basins around Castlefield would fish, sound like you had a corking session mate and I'm not judging you over your choice of venue... :wink:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Good going Dave. Good to see the soft lures doing the business on the freshwater stuff too. Also, what a bonus to be able to get a fishing "fix" on your doorstep!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fishing the Irwell alone at any time of day around Salford is a risky pursuit.Going out towards Bolton it may get a bit
safer,I say may!!.
Give me a shout if you fancy a chuck around the Irwell.I know of a couple of marks,although I have'nt fished them yet.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The canals and rivers around M/c are stuffed with fish Mo. Graham never fished the I.rwell Salford end not very safe as you say. Know someone who has and they have had Brown Trout out. So the water quality must be good. No car on the road at the moment but it would be good to fish with you when I have mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts