The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many on here dabble, in both. Be it sea, coarse or game lure/fly fishing?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Dave,

I dabble in both Salt & Freshwater, Bass and anything that might take my lure in the Sea and Pike from Freashwater and we may even be treated to some Zander fishing this year. The beauty of this is the gear is the same :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've caught Pike this year, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Flounder, Bass, Dogs. I fully intend to target Zander, Hounds & Perch this year as a minimum.

If it swims in water, i'm interested in catching it :D

btw: pb's so far this year on - Bass, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout & Pike :D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I started out fishing the sea with my dad til I was about 10, then coarse fished very regularly til I was 26. Been lure fishing saltwater only for the past 2 years.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I grew up fishing coarse and game in the south/south west of England. Did a few years of carping, then moved onto concentrating on Barbel and Chub on the rivers, Bristol Avon and Thames mainly. Also spent winters piking etc, but also just fished a lot for anything. I moved over here nearly 7 yrs ago now and started lure fishing for Bass as soon as I got here. I still fish for other stuff with bait every now and then. I have flyfished for about 18 years now after learning how to cast on Chew Valley, and whenever I am in the UK, I am sure to be fluff chucking at some point. I just love any kind of angling. There is not one type that I wouldn't be happy doing.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Mainly fly fishing for trout and occasionally Salmon up in Scotland.

Also lures for anything that will take them, perch, chub, pike, zander and then obviously sea fishes too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes started at 6 or 7 myself on the local canals. Then went on to match fishing ended up being sponsored by a tackle firm. Got fed up with carrying everything including the kitchen sink and scratching around for bits in the middle of winter. Also got fed up with what match to fish etc. Moved over to fly fishing liked the idea of traveling light. Then moved down to Kent and got involved in sea fishing as I could walk to the coast in 5 Min's. Started with bait then on to lures(like the freedom to wander). Back up north now so its pike perch etc. With as many Tripp's to the coast as possible to lure fish. Its hard work up here but getting there slowly, have in to learn new venues and all that. But hay thats the fun of. Think if I thought I knew it all I would give up lol. Cant see that happening till the day I pop my clogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts