The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys anyone out there use/rate the Xorus frosty?
Is it a pure WTD lure?
When would you choose one over a Patchinko or a baby patchinko?
Which colours have people found most effective?(If you think colour matters with surface lures)
Is it good or pants?
Cheers guys, Nath.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
GOOD questions Nathan.

I've been wondering that myself. I know **** and Bob use them so I'm sure one of them will be along very soon to answer your questions.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Personally I use the Frosty when the sea is really calm, and I use it with longer sweeps than the Patchinko. I have caught in choppier (is that a word) seas with it but defo save it for when the fish have been taking Patchinkos and simular lures and the sea flattens off. Work it slowly, almost sliding it across the water and try not to make it make any disturbance at all.

Nacre Frosty

Yellow Frosty

Great lure, I dont use it enough.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The Frosty is a great lure. It was out before the Patchinko and was catching plenty of fish until its big brother came along and took the limelight.

Personally I think it is a better start to the season than the Patchinko when size matters. And it is more delicate around warier fish in weed beds and reefs when fishing shallow water. I have only caught fish up to 5lb on it from the shore though, so maybe I am doing something wrong. Having said that I haven't cast one yet this year!

Thanks for the lovely calm summer shots ****. That's helped my own weather depression no end..........

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
&, it casts really well too. Luke has one, and launches it on the Whacker no bother !!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the replies guys.
I've not been on for a couple of days (work) so a bit of a late thanks.
I love both sizes of patchinko but was unsure about the Frosty so cheers. Some good pointers there and some cracking pics from ****, the conditions look dreamy for top water work.
Look foward to taking the frosty for a walk soon, its starting to clear up lovely here.
Thanks again, Nath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts