The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too, like Andy Marquis, was in the Open Guernsey Bass Festival. It was a hard weekend. I'm the secretary of the club and was working nightshifts all weekend without any chance of getting them off. P*ss poor planning or what eh? Andy was at every weigh-in which was a massive help and I made most of them but not all due to work. I had to do live radio updates in the mornings!! I've always been told I've got the face for radio.

The only real night I fished was the first night. I'd found a mark that fished half tide down and had some schoolies before now but I thought that the ground looks like there should be big fish in it.

Anyway, it was nice and dark and I was ever so slowly retrieving a Tacklehouse Feedshallow Plus when whallop, fish on! In the ebbing tide the fish gave me a good scrap, that coupled with being surrounded by rocks and not knowing where they were in relation to the fish etc my senses were really heightened and it made the fight all the better.

I got the fish to my feet and scooped it out with a 'YES'. I actually thought it was bigger than what it was but I was happy. The fish went 4lbs 5oz 4dr and won me the best lure caught fish of the festival, ironically sponsored by Andy Marquis!! (sorry Andy).

Newsletters, other articles and presentation night to come then I can relax!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Super stuff Andy, well done :p

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
There were a few lure fish off the boats, I recorded 4 lure caught, best 8-14. I didn't do the writing down every time so there may have been more, some people don't ask all the questions and I guess don't have the interest in lures that I do.

All change over here soon though Andy, spent over an hour with Rik this afty going through the ultimate catalogue with £500 or so to stock the shop with lures and jigs and hooks etc etc!! ;)

Just need to push the lure thing locally and i'm sure we can get things moving.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Congratulations AH on your success in the comp :clap: and thanks to Andy M for the updates, couldnt have been easy as well as weighing in and also working etc.. Me and my wife also fished it and although we blanked i can safely say that we are now hooked on Lure fishing :-D:-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts