The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

There is no real need to reply to this thread ( you can if you wish). It is meant to just be informative particularly for those who are not staying remote from Tyacks hotel or who are travelling down for just one of the days.

GROUPS
We will agree on the number groups and marks to be fished the evening before we fish. This will allow us to cater for all when we are sure of exact numbers attending based on age, ability etc.
We want all to be SAFE and COMFORTABLE when fishing.

FISHING TIMES
We will meet in Tyacks car park for 0930hrs Saturday and Sunday to depart to fishing marks.
It will be left for each group to collectively decide when they have had enough and want to call it a day.

LATE ARRIVALS
Anyone arriving late can get up to date information as to where each group is fishing and join them by visiting LURE MASTERS SHOP, details below.

LURE MASTERS SHOP
To ensure late arrivals are catered for we have decided to open Lure Masters Shop all day over the weekend.

Friday 0900-1600
Sat. 0800-1800
Sun. 0800-1600

Address: 12a Cross Street, Camborne, Cornwall, TR14 8EX.

Hot Coffee and biscuits will be the order of the day and all are welcome.

The shop will be manned mainly by Lure Masters Iain Venn who will give all a warm welcome. Nathan and I will be there as often as possible so please come pop in for a coffee and a chat.

BEST FISH
We know it's just a bumble but we thought a little competition always healthy!
So best Saltwater fish, best Freshwater fish and best Junior caught fish are the categories. Measure and photo are required to be registered at Lute Masters shop. please bring your camera or phone leads so we can down load images on shop PC.
The bumble is a STRICTLY CATCH AND RELEASE event.
Lure Forum rulers are available at Lure Masters shop. This is not strictly a Lure Forum competition so a simple tape measure is accepted. However, proceeds from sales of Lure Forum rulers help maintain the site and the continued growth of The Lure Forum so dig deep and buy one of you can.

BUMBLE TROPHYS
We have two engraved hip flasks for best saltwater fish and best freshwater fish. Also and engraved mini tankard for best Junior fish.
We will announce presentation times over the weekend to suit all.

I think that's it.

Hope this is helpful and all at Lure Masters look forward to playing host while you are with us.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Nick:-D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Numpty question, i have ordered and paid for a TLF ruler through mike this week and need to collect it on the wekeend, do i need to bring down my paypal receipt or my word accepted?
Thanks for all the hard work put in to orgnizing this event guys.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Guys - it will be the first bumble of a new year. Must make sure we get some rod bending pics.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Nick - I think Nathan mentioned a while back re the hotel doing bacon rolls at the Tyacks for non residents prior to setting off. Is anything being done on that front or should those not staying there come 'fully fed & ready to fish'?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Numpty question, i have ordered and paid for a TLF ruler through mike this week and need to collect it on the wekeend, do i need to bring down my paypal receipt or my word accepted?
Thanks for all the hard work put in to orgnizing this event guys.
Hi Mike,

I should imagine Mike Hayes will have a list of who has purchased with him. Why not PM Mike to be sure mate.

Excited? I am!!!!

Mike hayes

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick - I think Nathan mentioned a while back re the hotel doing bacon rolls at the Tyacks for non residents prior to setting off. Is anything being done on that front or should those not staying there come 'fully fed & ready to fish'?
Hi Toby,

I have just talked with Tyacks . Anyone staying remote from Tyacks Hotel are welcome to join us for breakfast if they wish. This would be a great way to start the day. Especially if people are travelling some distance for a days fishing. Fishing on an empty stomach is not recommended, well by me at least!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear all,

BREAKFAST AT TYACKS HOTEL
We have had a few enquiries regarding availability of breakfast at Tyacks Hotel for those who are joining us for just a day or who are not staying at Tyacks over the weekend.
You will be pleased to know Tyacks have agreed to serve breakfast for all Lure Forum members so we can start the day as we mean to go on, together.
Breakfast is served from 8am so get there nice and early to be sure to be finished in time for 0930hrs depart from Tyacks car park.

ROOM AVAILABILTY
As of 1300hrs today there are 10 rooms still available for Friday evening and 6 rooms available for Saturday evening. So still room to come and join us .

T-SHIRTS
Cornish Bumble T-Shirts are available to purchase at http://www.bass-masters.co.uk/lure-f...irts-214-p.asp. Bass Masters make no money fro the T-shirts. These are top quality shirts . The profit of £2 generated from each sale goes to The Lure Forum so please buy one and support the forum.

thanks to all and are you excited yet??

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Hi Mike,

I should imagine Mike Hayes will have a list of who has purchased with him. Why not PM Mike to be sure mate.

Excited? I am!!!!

Mike hayes

Yeah, i bring the forum rulers with me, those already waiting for theirs, i have a list. I will travel over for breakfast sat morning Nick, cheers for sorting out the non hotel residents. :)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Sorry Si, it seems I can only thank you once for that post!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
We need Tribute!! A top beer.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I don't think you can drive though the main square as suggested on that map! you prob have to go down gurney's lane. someone might correct me on that one though...
I think it's walking directions. Worse thing is leave hotal, go past HSBC, take some money out, go to shop, spend it....... I am that predictable!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Guys,

yes the map suggests a walking route due to one way system. the shop is no more than 5 mins walk from Tyacks hotel. Didn't realise there are two banks en-route!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts