The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
After seeing some monster bass and wasting an hour chasing mullet yesterday we chose to go back to where I had my first fish last weekend. The first couple of hours were fruitless, but after the flood had got going I had a couple of good size fish follow the Feed Shallow, and George had a schoolie chase his Daiwa Saltiga. So hopes were high but as the tide rose and we were forced to move back from the favoured spots, his head was beginning to drop at the prospect of another fishless weekend. "Don't panic" I said, "Still an hour or more to go and we know there are fish here" more out of encouragement than conviction. So, out he scrambles across some very steep reefs, right to the very end, and first cast I hear "Fish! Fish" and look out to see his little Bushie with a very healthy bend in it.Trouble is, I was still on the beach, with no waders and a hell of a scramble to help him. I got there in record time, ditching my rod en route to help him land a very scrappy bass of about 3lb (guessed not measured), caught on the same Pearl Fin-S fish lure that worked for me last week. Photos were taken, release videoed and high-5's exchanged.

Very next cast he hooks a better fish right under his feet but this one didn't stick. The next 10 casts for both of us produced a series of follows from better fish, but no hook-ups.
It was only when we left the end of the reef that I realised what a hell of a place to access it was, and how long it took me to get back compared to how long it took me to get out there!
We fished on and I had an approx 2.5lber (48cm) on my Maria Chase but that was it for us today. Great fun and the season is truly under way at last. The smile says it all....

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done George, you are turning into a cracking fisherman, superb stuff !

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
A great report Tim & George, plenty to come from Team Griffin it seems. Thanks for sharing and some good photos to boot.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Brilliant news George, Well done on your first (of many) bass in 2010.
Great video, just be sure to look after the "old Man" of those reefs!!
Hope to catch you and your father down in weymouth some over the summer. I could do with tips on softies, and I will try my best to clue you in on the marks for the festival (just don't tell anyone else!!)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant work George, and very well done Tim too :clap:. Things are really getting going now eh ? I blanked today, but there's no doubting that they are back from their hols now !!! :mrgreen:

Really nice to see great pics & vid footage to boot :D

btw: WTF is going on with the weather - we fished Gower, and it pee'd down all day !! Wind & rain - we were soaked :cry:, and you've got sunshine in your pics. Unbelievable - we were only about 10 miles away (as the crow flies).

·
Registered
773 Posts
Well done George the smile says it all. Great report and pictures as usual Tim, your exploits keep us going – many thanks.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
btw: WTF is going on with the weather - we fished Gower, and it pee'd down all day !! Wind & rain - we were soaked :cry:, and you've got sunshine in your pics. Unbelievable - we were only about 10 miles away (as the crow flies).
I guess the sun shines on the righteous, Si!! To be fair it was cloudy and drizzly when we started but by 4:30pm it was beautiful and turned into a lovely evening. The view of the Worm in the distance was terrrific.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Excellent days fishing I reckon, great effort and fish :D

We landed around the corner and stayed, although the intention was to double back to where you where, bu the place was soooo nice! :wink:

Great start to the season, keep it going......:horsesword::horsesword::horsesword:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Great stuff guys. There can be no better feeling than being out there as father and son, and catching beautiful fish like that. Well done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
cheers guys it was an awsome feeling i know i`ve caught bass before but first cast 2 twitches and bang!! It made some good runs as well . I was very pleased:-D:-D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts