The Lure Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was looking thru' Veverka's book today... such inspired tying available in one place!

I looked at the Glenn Mikkelson patterns and the red & black baitfish took my eye and these are the three chaps I produced... on Tiemco 811s #4 so not faithfull to the pattern... couldn't find any long shanks around... must order some...

Top one was the first one and I like the look of the middle one but the head of the bottom one... although I set the eye further back!! Am going to try it black over orange for the pollack over here...

Red bucktail, black bucktail, Funky Krystal Flash wrapped body and in wing... 4mm Funky Silver Eyes... with the ubiquitous non tack finish Bug-Bond

Hope you like...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they don't ride hook point up its just the way I photographed the beggars ;) an arty shot - apologies... I re photograph them :D

Oh the eyes are totally encapsulated...

Kev no on these I didn't reverse tie... frankly it is so easy with Bug-Bond to set a profile there is little need to and in reality Bug-Bond helps the tyer out no end... get it wrong in the tying stage blob on B-B and cure... jobs a good 'un

BTW thanks for the positive comments.

D

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Stunning looking flies there Dave ! wish I got those results when I try !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts