The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 will be my second year bass fishing.

The goal for last year was to catch one on a plug - which I'm pleased to say I managed.
This year my goals are to catch one over 4lbs on a plug and to get one of any size on a soft plastic.

Anybody with a target or aim that you are willing to share?
Perhaps I could keep a list and have a tot up at the end of the year?

(I might even find a cider based prize for the best & worst efforts)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
It's my 3rd season of Bass fishing this year.

My main goals will be . . . . . .

1) Beat my lure caught pb (6lb).

2) Catch a Bass of any size on an s/p.

3) Catch Bass on lures on a regular basis.

Simple. :horsesword:

·
Registered
500 Posts
yeah its my second proper year plugging. my aims are:

- use and catch on s.p's more
- search a lot of the ground iv'e been spying on bingmaps
- meet some fellow pluggists in pembs
- catch a 4lb+ bass
- catch on the surface

its going to be a busy year... but then again i have got a FOUR MONTH summer 'break' from uni... :D :eek: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good question.

Don't think I actually set myself any targets last year. It was my first 'proper' year at it. I did ok though.

This year....

1) To beat my current 6lb PB would be nice.
2) To catch one in February and March could be considered a target?
3) To catch as many different species on lures as possible? 10 perhaps?

:laserswords:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Goals:

1. TO CATCH ON A BLOODY X-RAP. I have 2 of the blighters with over 500 casts between them. I've worked them every way you can think and twice on Sundays, even when I'm fairly sure there are fish around. Not a sausage. Same could be said for Slug Go's too. Awful lures for me.

2. Explore more marks that are rather savage to get to, but I am sure worth the added effort. I've only scratched the surface of what's on offer.

3. Learn how to fish SP's. I've ridiculously under used them.

4. Find decent marks on our esturay and fish it a lot more.

5. Beat my PB.

6. Learn more about swells, currents, depressions (hell, I'm getting depressed just thinking about what I don't know) etc etc

I better stop now, because if I don't I'll get RSI.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Double figure Bass, a 10lb Bass, a Bass that weighs in excess of 4.5kg, and a Bass that weighs the equivalant of two 5lbers.

And my realistic targets are to be more adventurous in my choice of marks, to stop going back to places that have produced in the past 'for old times sake'.

To use more soft plastics.

To use my existing lures with more imagination, instead of buying more and more and fishing them the same way.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I started last year and set myself a couple of goals which I found good motivation to stick it out when I wasn't catching.

Last years goals were:
Catch a Bass (Managed in June)
Catch a Bass on a lure (Managed in July or August)
Catch a Bass on the surface (Managed in August or September I think)

This years goals are:
Catch a Bass over 3lbs
Catch a Bass on soft plastics
Catch a Wrasse on soft plastics
Try out new spots and move about more when on a spot

·
Registered
357 Posts
Catch Bass on lures (hard and or soft) in every month of the year.

Been thinking of trying to catch Gery thick lip Mullet, Gery thin lip Mullet, Golden Grey Mullet and Red Mullet on soft plastics.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Simple ones (not!)...

1a. Double Bass
1b. Failing 1a, a PB (over 8-12)
2. More bass on SP's
3. Good Wrasse on SP
4. Catch the nipper a bass (he's now a junior member of the club at age 6 and he thinks he's in last place. As it stands only one person is anything other than last but he doesn't understand that...)

·
Registered
379 Posts
To improve a little at everything hopefully and increase my catch rate.

This will be my second year on the lures, last year just wanted to catch a bass and it took a while to achieve it but had a few in the end, then the targets changed to catching on the top and using a SP and both achieved again. Just want more and some bigger ones this year, still yet to catch anything over 4lb.

Mainly want to better my knowledge of different marks this year and fish with as many peeps as possible, see you all soon :D

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Targets for 2010 ?

Bream (black, white and gilthead) on SP's and hard lures.

Thinlip over 7lb

A BIG Wrasse on both soft and hard baits +, if possible, a cuckoo.

More Triggerfish, not had one on SP yet.

Obviously more Bass. A lure caught 12-14 lb'er would be nice but I'd settle for a double.
Didn't get a double in 2009.

Get more into the catch anything that swims with soft plastics ALL year round.

Loads of other stuff too.

·
Registered
326 Posts
- Double on a lure

- Club shore lure caught Bass prize

- Club boat lure caught Bass prize

- Club record Wrasse on a SP

- Win the Guernsey comp

:rollineyes:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
LiamH said:
- Double on a lure

- Club shore lure caught Bass prize

- Club boat lure caught Bass prize

- Club record Wrasse on a SP

- Win the Guernsey comp

:rollineyes:
That's what I like, someone with Confidence :jump:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Cuckoo wrasse on as SP must be possible. I would reckon May time at the east end of the Trench as a strong possibility. Caught loads there on bait.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I wont be happy until i get a smoothhound on a plugging rod,.. THAR SHE BLOWS!!! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!! :horsesword:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Aims for 2010,
being greedy a double, on a Surface lure, on film.
But will happily settle for some great days, some bass in good company. Weymouth was great to me this year, as was my host and guide.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'd like to work out and prove the potential of some of the new and more distant boat marks I have tried over the last couple of years. New to me anyway.
Likewise, I'd like to fish some of the old marks I did not get to last year often enough.

In short, more time on the water.

P

·
Registered
37 Posts
Paul B said:
Cuckoo wrasse on as SP must be possible. I would reckon May time at the east end of the Trench as a strong possibility. Caught loads there on bait.
Will have to give it a go, do u know of any shore marks worth a go? I think a mate seen one whilst snorkling at Janvrins Tomb, don't know if he was just lucky. I have only ever caught one and that was in Norway.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gaz said:
Paul B said:
Will have to give it a go, do u know of any shore marks worth a go? I think a mate seen one whilst snorkling at Janvrins Tomb, don't know if he was just lucky. I have only ever caught one and that was in Norway.

We both know the shore mark over here you can get them! Phil had the club record but returned it... That wasn't the only one caught down there this year...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts