The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been threatening to take my next door neighbour fishing for a while now But working shifts made it awkward to find a suitable day
First stop was at The Art Of Fishing I wasnt sure what to buy but liked the look of an Ecogear MW 90S . We climbed over the rocks at our chosen destination and started casting The new lure was looking so fish like i was amazed not to get hit
Ten minutes and we moved 50yds A nice gulley with a sandy bottom extended from right to left A few retrieves along a ridge of rock No takers I looked to my right What originally was a nice sandy coloured gulley was now Black with flashes of silver It took me a few seconds to realize that it was a shoal of fish swimming deep down in about 8ft of water
The new lure soon got flicked towards them and i watched as it sank to around 6ft Twitch BANG Fish on which almost immediately came off Twitch BANG again This time well and truly hooked What a fight it tore off down the gulley panicking the shoal as it went Minutes later i slid the fish onto the rocks at my feet Gobsmacked A Mullet of around 3lb
My neighbour didnt catch I didnt get any more takes Chuffed That was my 1st ever Mullet
. PICS SCROLL DOWN

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Marq, you have been on top form this season :p

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Well done Marq, got the heart racing I bet - lovely fish - I have that exact same lure, which i am yet to use, so it good to hear it has been successful for you.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
well done mate, super fighting fish mullet on light gear. never seen them take lures in the past only thin lipped on occassion. Well done again mate

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Congrats Mark!!! :D

Like I said in the shop, seems to be a bit weird around here and on occasion the mullet will get really, really aggressive towards lures. They'll charge at them proper bow-wave style. Had that one down there myself earlier in the year. Similar lure too. Crazy!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one Mark!!! I love that lure, amazing acting when you crank it. Lost mine though :(

Toby - Mullet, pound for pound, will far out fight a Bass. I had a 4lb in Radford Lake and it was one of my most memorable fights from any fish.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one Marq,
You seem to be spotting all the good lures recently. The EcoGear MW90S is a stunning lure in the water, and there are several things that you can do with it. So it is a very handy lure to have in your box. Casts surprisingly well for it size, and has a very useful rattle as well.
Brilliantly well done on landing your mullet-even more of anacheivement than hooking one-Christmas come early!!!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
If they readily took lures, I don't think I'd fish for much else! They seriously know how to fight. I have never had one fairly hooked in the mouth on a lure though, well done!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Mark I must have dangled loaf after loaf under a float and never landed one This one hooked right in the scissors No mistaking it wanted that lure Surprise for me also never thought a Mullet would take so aggressively

1 - 20 of 21 Posts