The Lure Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just checked the sea temp its 8.9 wahoo and i just thought id mention this to the rest of ya!
it put a smile on my face anyway

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
i just checked the sea temp its 8.9 wahoo and i just thought id mention this with the rest of ya!
Great news, soon to be above 10:jump:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
i just checked the sea temp its 8.9 wahoo and i just thought id mention this with the rest of ya!
Cue japweed explosion and sea hare infestation!

Another week or so and mackerel feather sales will soar.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it feels like an age, slowly but surely

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I find 10.5 and up starts things off proper.
We'll soon be out LRF'ing for snipe, macks, bream etc..

literally, 2 - 3 weeks away I reckon

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
There will be snipe at certain daylight marks now, La Moye, Gorselands, Le Pinnacle etc, the first mackerel catches will be echoeing in the shop in about a week or two I recon. By the first week of may you will be able to fill a set of feathers from the shore with mackerel, so not long now and we are in for some fun on the light gear, cant wait either.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I saw a Snipe on monday night in the harbour, near the sill at South Pier! He must have been an advance scout for the main platoon.

What are Sea Hares? The little bugs that cover your legs when you are standing in shallow water at St Ouens?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Good news. We seem to be about a degree behind Jersey.

Starting to see signs of life... Deeper water marks with the odd Roselet and small shoals of small eels on the surface. They have been absent since November and I welcome the bait back with open arms. I do not however welcome the shore netter which this warmer water attracts into the bays...

BRING ON THE BASS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts