The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a tough time in Weymouth last weekend I was hoping this weekend's forecast would hold and made a cautious plan to get the boat out to try some old haunts. Callum was keen to come along again in the hope of finding a good fish.

So a 5am rendezvous and by 5.45am we were following an ebbing tide out of the harbour. As we reached open water we spotted a small eddy around a harbour wall and with the LRF radar bleeping I suggested Callum had a few casts whilst I sorted out the boat.

First cast and his Injection was hooped over and drag screaming as the fish made some very strong runs. Look at the size of that.... grin.

Looks skinnier in Callum's hands than it was, as this photo next to the ruler shows...

We settled at 72cm and the fish went back quickly.

After that start anything else was a bonus. We had four more bass, some pollack and a few small to medium wrasse which kept us entertained.

Another bonus pollack took a lot of coaxing to take the SP but luck prevailed and after some fun on the Bulldog up came a lovely kelpy fish.

All in all a fun morning in good company.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Nice report Paul, and a belting Shirley for Callum :clap:.

A few of us were on a dawn raid this morning. We didnt find any Bass, but had some fun with Pollock on s/p's.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice going boyz,thats a good way to break the little bad run you've been going through Callum.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Blimey!!! lovely bass Callum! Nice one Paul!!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Nice report Paul, and a belting Shirley for Callum :clap:.

A few of us were on a dawn raid this morning. We didnt find any Bass, but had some fun with Pollock on s/p's.
YOU MIGHT OF BUT I DIDN'T ! CATCH THAT IS LOL

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice going Callum stunning Bass mate, well done Paul for putting you on that fish , we saw you at day break at that very secret mark , looks like you had a great days fishing .
Cheers Bob, heard you had a good day too. You should have seen us playing chicken with the traffic LOL. People coming out against if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Fantastic bass, Callum. Looks like you had some decent fish there so well done, both! JUst goes to show local knowledge is paramount. Callum, I guess you owe Paul a beer right now....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Blwty heck Callum, a right corker there bud, nice one :D Nice bit of boatmanship there to Paul for getting onto the fish.

A top day by the look of things

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
A very well done to you both :p Stunning fish Callum :clap:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
What baits did you get em on guys?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts