The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one found any good fingerless fishing gloves that actually keep your hands warm??

·
Registered
741 Posts
As someone whose fingers go numb just at the thought of cold weather I have yet to find any fingerless gloves that actually work and ive tried most of them!

The thin neoprene type are the best of a bad job in my experience. Yes, have to take them off at times to do certain things which kind of defeats the object but, combined with a hand warmer, they work far better then any fingerless jobbies

Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
456 Posts
I havent looked around as I was given some a few years ago as a present and I have just been using them for the first time.

They are the Ron Thompson Crosswater Neoprene gloves, maybe not the best quality but very reasonably prices and they actually worked surprisingly well.

The forefinger, middle finger and thumb fold back and are held back by little velcro pads so you can carry out more delicate operations without removing your gloves. Worth a look.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I've not yet come across any useful fingerless gloves. I use a handwarmer made by Zippo, kept in the handwarming pockets of my floatation suit. Beware of the little velcro pads on most fingerless gloves, as they will destruct braid into separate strands in no time.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I havent looked around as I was given some a few years ago as a present and I have just been using them for the first time.

They are the Ron Thompson Crosswater Neoprene gloves, maybe not the best quality but very reasonably prices and they actually worked surprisingly well.

The forefinger, middle finger and thumb fold back and are held back by little velcro pads so you can carry out more delicate operations without removing your gloves. Worth a look.
I've had the RT gloves for a few years and find they keep my hands warm OK but the exposed bits (the thumb and 2 fingers) seem to feel even colder. I guess it must be relative to otherwise warm hands.

I read somewhere that plunging your hands into the cold water for a couple of minutes then drying them off means that they'll feel warm for the rest of the day. I haven't plucked up the courage to try it yet.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I got some neoprene ones from Snowbee for £10 Dave, they keep my hands pretty warm, thumb and first finger exposed. Not sure exactly how they'll hold up during winter, but all good so far.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
i have too many gloces to count these days, and none of them keep my hands overly warm in really cold weather.
I was in tescos of all places the other day and picked up 2 pairs of thinsulate gloves for £8 for both and have been wearing them this week and they have been working a treat all thinsulate lined and exceptional. have to pop them off to change lures though soon as they are back on again hands warm up in seconds. Have been a god send in this cold last week.
Until now i have always favoured my rt gloves in neoprene though now no going back for me.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I have never found a good angling glove thast is sutible for lure fishing, the hand you hold the rod/finger you hold the line with is always cold or annoying. It is even possible to have any kind of glove on your rod/reel hand?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Was planning on getting some of these, but see that actually they get mixed reviews - will need to investigate further...

Those might be ok but I tried the Seal Skinz ultra grip which were very disappointing. Warm and waterproof yes but once wet they took an absolute age to dry out and awful to wear until properly dry. Also not very durable, wore out after just one winters wear

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Those might be ok but I tried the Seal Skinz ultra grip which were very disappointing. Warm and waterproof yes but once wet they took an absolute age to dry out and awful to wear until properly dry. Also not very durable, wore out after just one winters wear
Thats dissapointing news about the Seal Skinz,,,,,,,,,,I was going to invest in some of them.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I have some Sealskinz neoprene type things, and they are bloody horrible to wear, really uncomfortable. I have the RT ones as well, but as Gary says, don't get fine braid anywhere near velcro! I rely on my fule burning handwarmer most of all now.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts