The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife is always going on about her annual holiday, this year in April we went to Goa. If only I had brought my rod.......hold on I didn't have a fishing outfit back then.
So my question is...... Beer is normally my motivation for a good holiday closely followed by spicy food and a bit of sight seeing and more beer.
Now I can throw fishing into the equation where would be the ultimate fishing holiday be?
Rules : must be sunny
Good beer
Good food
Good fish.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers guys:geek:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Cape York, Australia.
LOADS of fish, Loads of beer, and pretty much any style of food you could want.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Oz is a fantastic spot for both holidaying and fishing alright. My wife has got used to me sneaking a a travel rod into the suitcase when we go away at this stage but I only scratched the surface of the fishing that's on offer over there when we went and I really want to go back again soon, fantastic place.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you can time it right the Sardine run in South Africa, specifically in KwaZulu-Natal. Natal is a stunning place to visit (including Safari's, Cape Point, loads of beaches) massive food choice, good beer as the whole country loves a drink! Oh and the weather is alright round that time (as it is their winter) its not too hot, but it does hover round 18-23 degrees.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Salmon, char, trout, northern pike cod all taken on lures in northern canada just go in the summer mate or the lakes in central canda all lure fishing nuts over there buddy

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Alex is right, you can get a package deal to say cayo coco in cuba-all inclusive with nice beaches. And the is plenty of fishing, tons of flats around the island and fishing from the causeway that links it to the mainland will give you shots at tarpon (normally up to 60lb) bonefish, sharks, cuda, jacks, and even the odd chance of permit.
If you hire a local with a boat then fishing the mangroves on Cayo Coco will have the same species (slightly smaller average size) plus snapper, a chance of a snook.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
baja California

Hey Andrew,
If i had a choice (actually thinking of doing this trip myself) i would go to Baja California (sea of cortez side) in Mexico. Cheap, great food, beer, accomodation and most of all large rooster fish and Jacks off the beach!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The other trip i have done is Mauritius. Best hotels in the world and good value. I was taking the hotels kayak out in to the lagoon and fishing! could not tell you what i caught, types of snapper and grouper i think:???:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Mauritius holds good memories. 73lb yellow fin tuna. Great Beaches , snorkeling, diving, food first class, beer ok , rum fantastic and cheap!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts