The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been checking weather reports, and it has finally happen. The sea temperature has risen, ok only by a degree. But spring and bass are getting closer- very close.
Time to check how sharp those hooks are, tie on new leader and get cracking.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Good news indeed, Dave. I was just telling George today that the water wouldn't get any colder, so I guess I was right. Just passing the time now (by pike fishing!) until we can get into the bass...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this milder weather keeps up, then it will be a week or two before the water warm enough to get the crabs moulting, and the bass inshore to feed on them. The long cold dark is almost over!!!

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Yup. Its now just about light when I leave work, and in a few weeks the clocks go forward as well. Nearly there chaps.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
**** did you see the low water in St Aubins today just like a summers day flat calm hardly a ripple , enough to make you droool.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Still plenty of snow melt entering the North Wales systems and heading seawards - be interesting to see if it delays things any up here.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
**** did you see the low water in St Aubins today just like a summers day flat calm hardly a ripple , enough to make you droool.
I did indeed see it Tony, it was stunning. I live right in the middle of the bay, this is the view from my gaff

I dont like my flat much but just cant leave because the view is so great for knowing whether to go fishing or not.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hope everything is stil in ballance after this winter!
Can't wait on the arrival of the Herring this season.
With those winter tempatures you start doubting about the things to come!
Normal the smal preyfish arrives for spawning in 14 days at out side.

Greets

Bram
www.viskayaks.nl

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Christ, its absolutely glorious here today. It was so still and sunny this morning, and you could actually feel a bit of warmth on your skin from the sun. Brilliant.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
We had another stiff frost this morning but now it looks like Summer. We have crocuses up in the garden too. Late but a welcome sight.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Glorious here too. Still lots of catching up to do though - i think that everything will be late this year - my Crocus's are.

·
Registered
949 Posts
when does your season start Ian?
A lot later than I'd like Nathan but thats familly's for you! Every year I try to start earlier and end later but I end up doing what I am told to keep the peace. Usualy manage a foray or 2 in April, but as a rule can't get away with starting for proper with lures til early May. Am determined to get out in the next few weeks but with dirty bait probably. We are away camping this Easter and all being well, will sneak a couple seshes with lures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts