The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve been on the phone to my father this morning, with regards to his fishing trip this weekend, and said that the first place that he went to, said that he couldnt get on the mark due to so many visiting Lure Anglers, so he decided to travel almost the length of Cornwall to another winter mark that we have been gaining valuble information on, and give it ago.

The down side to his day he said is that he did'nt have a camera, but thats how it go's at times, you think you dont need something and really YOU do need it!.
But anyway the day was beautiful and the water clarity was amazing he said, could see his plug under the water from 40 meters out.

He was using the Tide Minnow 125 with a brown back, i think it looks like a smelt, in colour wise? but anyway i cant go into the in's and out's as i was'nt there but he caught 1 Mackerel, 4 Pollack AND 1 BASS.......it only weighed about 1lb and a half, but thats besides the point,

So really fair play to Rob Taylor for not giving up, when i would of went home sulking...lol

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Big hand for your Dad, Nathan! It was way too windy up here Saturday so I think he did well. I would have been in a big sulk for sure if my favourite mark was overrun with "emmets"!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Blimmin 'ell! I missed a call from him on Friday as well! Probably would have ended up going with him! Good work Robert!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I tried to call the old one back but only ever got his answer phone. Sods law!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I ve been on the phone to my father this morning, with regards to his fishing trip this weekend, and said that the first place that he went to, said that he couldnt get on the mark due to so many visiting Lure Anglers, so he decided to travel almost the length of Cornwall to another winter mark that we have been gaining valuble information on, and give it ago...The down side to his day he said is that he did'nt have a camera, but thats how it go's at times, you think you dont need something and really YOU do need it!.
Hi Nathan,
I hate it when I make a big effort to get to a mark and find its already occupied - are you finding marks generally busier with the recent explosion of interest in lure angling for bass? We have certainly noticed it up here, aswell as in Ireland. I actually think well-intended pics of marks/ backgrounds posted on forums can have a detremental effect with this respect, so perhaps forgetting the camera isn't always such a disaster after all eh!
Personally, I have always found "man and fish" pics boring unless there is a bit of background in the pic to fire the viewers imagination - Its totally great being inspired by great fish pics but I think the best bass pics will always be a double-edged sword with this respect and if I was crowded off a mark due to popularising a location myself, it would feel a bit like shooting myself in the foot.
I suppose your game in particular might become a bit of a balancing act where you need to draw a compromise between making where you fish look as attractive as possible to potential clients, while not sacrificing the locations to ever-increasing masses that might bugger up your day when you are supposed to be guiding?
Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi Nathan,
I suppose your game in particular might become a bit of a balancing act where you need to draw a compromise between making where you fish look as attractive as possible to potential clients, while not sacrificing the locations to ever-increasing masses that might bugger up your day when you are supposed to be guiding?

Its an old dilema. Having others on your rock is always going to be the price of taking others to your marks / or posting pics I guess. My inner circle of bassing companions and myself would rather take the cyanide capsule rather than blow a good "secret" mark! If I did post one of THE marks I would be lynched by them anyway.

Glad to hear of a Cornish bass getting caught as i am fishing down that way over Easter - oh crap Ive given away too much, where's the capsule.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts