The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow after reading Total Sea Fishing this month and seeing the Stamp of fish of fish got me caught (**** and Bob The Super Coalfish Brothers) it got me thinking reading about the Coddling on a dexter wedge which was subsequently eaten by a hungry Halibut (hats off to Mr Mullins). Does anybody try spinning there local clear deep water marks in winter.

I know that the east coast would be impossible but the are numerous venues around North Wales where this would be possible. Incidently Richard Steel my conger partner ( http://www.richardsteel.net ) hooked a conger on a spinning rod whilst trying to catch live bait on feathers (it was only a strap but it was a surprise)

Took the pesky yellow patchinko out for a swim today but the wind was in the east. Tried the Daiwa Minnow nice action to it on the Rod bar

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Forum member Tony Gerrish phoned me one late winters day to say he had recieved his Red Dragon Express from me and couldnt wait for the winter to end to test it. He walked along his local beach in Norfolk I think, and caught a lovely 4lb Cod on a Sidewinder!! Makes you think eh, do you really need to cast 100 yards with a bunch of lug?

Oh and happiness is a 30lb Coalie on a spinning rod, everyone should experience stuff like that at least once in their lives, it is unforgetable :)

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Oh and happiness is a 30lb Coalie on a spinning rod, everyone should experience stuff like that at least once in their lives, it is unforgetable

The Wexford crew got one to remember up there this year as well **** all will be reveled shortly Danny is doing a bit of D.I.Y at the minute.......

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I would put with the cold if I had a 30lb Coalfish putting a bend in Gloria. The video on Youtube is belting! mega dilema do I fish or do I film!

4lb Cod on a sidewinder Hmm! that would make me leave the dirty bait gear at home!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts