The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Popped down to the rocks this morning for a quick session while my little one was in school. Lovely little swell hitting the rocks, good visibility and a very warm sun beaming down from above.
Started with a SP on a 5gm jig head and when my leader knot parted ( I must remember my super glue !) I changed to a Teklon DNA hard lure. This lure runs just a little deaper, about 3' and with the tide a little higher than normal, looked really good. After a few throws in a great looking gully, Yahoo....everything went solid and the reel started singing :) After giving a good account of itself a chunky little bass was brought up into a pool with the swell before being caught with the lip grip. It really wanted this lure having taken both hooks, one in the lip and the other in its mouth. After a quick photo, it went back strongly....stoked !! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Well done Mike,
Great to see you are still getting bass, what is the water temperature over there at the moment?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Great late season action Mike - I assume it is officially too cold for surfing if you are finally fishing?? Very long lean fish there - well done. I haven't had one for weeks and have no more chances this year now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great late season action Mike - I assume it is officially too cold for surfing if you are finally fishing?? Very long lean fish there - well done. I haven't had one for weeks and have no more chances this year now.
Never too cold for surfing....well not here anyway !! I just hadn't checked first and assumed it was flat !! Still it was only small, one to two feet, but if I'd checked first I don't know what discipline I'd have chosen !! ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Mike-Great Stuff-good old gower-I will be there tomorrow God willing-cheers Jeff

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
RESULT, nice one Mike and a cracking little session down somewhere very special ;)

Get her to ask Santa for a camera for you for Christmas......that phone pic is ****e mate :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts