The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing this on behalf of Pops Clapham........his typing skills are such that he's getting logged out by the time he's finished the report :-o

Anyhow, no doubt he'll add to the scene I will set:

After another phonecall this morning, telling me that he was off fishing, again, and would I like to join? Now, work are starting to suspect something here......numerous 'short' days a couple of times a week, so the answer was a straight 'No'....so off he ventured, a lone bumbler :cry:, many casts later with the feed shallow mullet but still nothing to show, meant a sit down and snack time (kept the pastie dry this time mate did you??) While considering the wonderful view and pleasant swell lines rolling in, he thought he'd try the 'cheating stick' aka xlayer ;-) He rummaged around in the sandwich box and located a beaten up old Ayu, on with the beastie and flip out along the reef edge........a gentle 'suck' and 'FISH ON'...............Pops fishes with a little baitcaster which was soon to be tested.........after a powerful run and head shaking, Shirley broke surface twenty yards out.......Oh Shite :shock: and he thought he was into a Tope :shock::shock::shock:
After a lifetime of to you/to me/to you/to me with her taking line, he managed to get control and brought her to shore and slid onto the kelp.......

A new PB and measuring 64cm, shall we agree on 6.5lb???
Needless to say, she swam off with a big kick of the tail :D

Well done on a new PB mate, top angling but you did resort to the cheating stick :wink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
thanks Si for those few kind words and report on my behalf. I am resting a few bruises having fallen over yet again even before i reached the waters edge.never mind,a good day was had.X-layers-amazing.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Well done Jeff , i only wise i was there to see your face, but work stopped me as you know.

Thats a great fish, and well done on your PB.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
top man jeff,crackin fish bud...dont let si mock you on your typing skills because your not alone.......im still stabbing at the keys with one finger after all these years and yes i get logged out all the time lol.nice to see pops into the fish si,great report.
cheers daz

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done on the PB Jeff, lovely fish :p

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done Jeff - beats my PB!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Caracking fish there. Must of been some sky, check the colour of it's eye.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice fish Jeff. Hope you're OK after the spill. How was the water....I was thinking of going tomorrow, but the swells come up again. Three feet and offshore......surfing again :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice fish Jeff. Hope you're OK after the spill. How was the water....I was thinking of going tomorrow, but the swells come up again. Three feet and offshore......surfing again :)
Mike, you'll never up your catch rate with that attitude, however FreshW was looking really sweet last night :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts