The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to The Gower for a week and wanted to know if anyone could recommend any good marks or even a guide in the area I could go out with? Any recommendations welcome.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Any rock mark from Mumbles Head around to Worms Head will produce good fishing. Low tide at all marks are better for bass. Just hope there's not too much swell or it'll get coloured. Might be worth bring a bait rod, just in case :0 Give me a shout if you fancy some company. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike thanks for that we are staying at the rectory on rhossili beach for a week so looking forward to it will give you a shout should it look like good conditions.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Mike thanks for that we are staying at the rectory on rhossili beach for a week so looking forward to it will give you a shout should it look like good conditions.
You'll have fantastic bait fishing right in front of your house. Use crab, ragworm, or razor fish baits. For lure fishing head out towards the Causeway and the Worm, but check the tides first and definitely don't try and make a run for it if you do get stuck. Take a mobile phone, just in case. The tide times, to enable access to the worm, are on boards at the RNLI outlook station. Have a great time and like I said, give me a shout if you fancy some company. Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Get some mud worm as well, those Golden Grey Mullet are brilliant sport, light line 6lb your lure rod and size 2 hook on a paternoster or a running trace, and get ready to hold on tight, good luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
iv got a week off last week of august and will be roaming around that area every chance i get,give us a pm if your about then or any weekend.

LLANGENNITH MEET 11TH SEPTEMBER IN AID OF THE RNLI.
tight lines jeff (roamer)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike sorry I did not call. we got a few days out, went on Panther out of Burry Port with Peter had a good day. No bass from the rocks but thanks for the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts