The Lure Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped out with the missus and baby, put up the tent, had some food and left them too it..

Fished my usual mark but the first time on the ebb, no luck for the first 90mins but then I fished a gulley with a nice covering of foam of the surface...the feed shallow (as usual) took the prize....a feisty little one pounder.

All went quiet for a while, tried a few more lures, sp's and no luck. Popped the mullet feed shallow back on and I noticed a band of foam across the small bay and targeted that. Then I caught another 2 schoolies and lost a bigger fish which jumped out of the water and came off the hook.

I left at about 7.30, would have stayed a fair bit longer as conditions looked great. So far this season is much better than last 6 fish out of 5 sessions so not moaning about no fish here :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice one Hywell.....

Good to see your having success on almost every trip...

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Brilliant fishing Hywel, well done :clap: !! Unlucky on the big one, you'll get her next time !!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Hywel, consistency is the name of the game and you seem to have that at the moment, well done.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well in Hywel. I have caught on my last four trips too, so it seems there are plenty around now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
well done m8, i fished the port eynon area on sat with no luck chucked every lure into every gully and all i got was a burnt face.enjoyed though..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done mate, glad you made the effort now? ;)
Yes Si, also glad the missus fell asleep, give me some extra time without nagging :)

There wasn't much weed in the mere the water was slightly green, some fishing leaping out of the water. Overall conditions were pretty good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts