The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm itching to get some more lure fishing in as the winter approaches. I had been looking forward to a session on the Gower either tomorrow or on the weekend. However, the forecast is for strong SE winds and with so much movement of air in the weather at the moment I predict it will be stronger that predicted. Also with all of the recent stormy weather and large swell I expect the water clarity on the Gower will not be good.

So the big question is, is it going to worth throwing some lures in the water in the next few days on the Gower? I'm very new to this, so excuse this if it is a basic question. Also I am thinking maybe the North side of Worms Head causeway or Burry Holms down to Broughton would be out of the wind and migh be a good place to fish.

Anyone got any advise based on fishing the Gower in these conditions?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Try and find a nice sheltered bay if you can ,there might be a chance of some action there water clarity might be a bit better.

The wind looks like it is going to swing to the SE so it will be blowing off the land,might even help with getting that extra distance with the lures on certain marks.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
843 Posts
South East wind will spoil most of the south Gower bays. You could try some of the north facing marks but they may also have colour with lots of freshwater heading down the Loughor estuary.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
South East wind will spoil most of the south Gower bays. You could try some of the north facing marks but they may also have colour with lots of freshwater heading down the Loughor estuary.
Yeah. No matter how you look at it, the Gower isn't looking too good.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah. No matter how you look at it, the Gower isn't looking too good.
Water clarity is terrible. Surfed Llangennith yesterday and the water's brown. Up until a couple of days ago the area around Port Eynon to the Worm was fishable....I didn't I was surfing, but it looked good. This Easterly will have now killed the South Coast, but the North is worth a look. Have a go around Broughton to Burry Holms with some SP's on the outgoing tide. Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Water clarity is terrible. Surfed Llangennith yesterday and the water's brown. Up until a couple of days ago the area around Port Eynon to the Worm was fishable....I didn't I was surfing, but it looked good. This Easterly will have now killed the South Coast, but the North is worth a look. Have a go around Broughton to Burry Holms with some SP's on the outgoing tide. Mike
Really appreciate your answer, thanks. I've given up on today and hope that a day or two of Easterlies will allow the water to clear a bit so I might get down there on Sunday or Monday.

PS I hope you had a good surf. Have you seen the current Croyde Surf Cam? I don't surf anymore but I do like to check up on the Croyde Cam and the current picture taken on 2 Oct is about as good as it gets:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts