The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this morning for a couple of hours plugging at Graysands. Conditions looked perfect, overcast and southwesterlys with a morning incoming tide, just the way i like it when fishing this mark. Soon after i started a thick fog rolled in creating a great atmosphere. My confidence was quickly justified when my green and silver zonk got nailed right at the start of the retrieve. A small fish of a pound or so was quickly photographed unhooked and released. No more action was forthcoming. I thought it best to make the most of the good conditions so i popped down the river Taw just 10 minuets walk from my home in Barnstaple. I clipped on the same zonk that proved successful this morning and it wasnt long before i got my first take, but unfortunately that one got off the hook half way in. I cast to the same spot again and started retreaving, right away i got hit again but that one didnt hook up at all. About an hour later just as it was starting to get dark and i was starting to think of calling it a day i had a violent take, still on the faithful green and silver zonk a good scrap followed with me clambering down the slippery bank trying my best not to fall in. I claimed my prize. a good looking fish between 3 and 4 pounds, my biggest so far this year. She quickly started to go abit belly up so i released her straight away without a photo, she swam off ok in the end. All in all not a bad days work and hopefully a sign of bigger things to come.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Toby and well done :-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts