The Lure Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started fishing at low water, around 8.30 yesterday morning and for the first hour i was treated to wonderfull flat calm conditions. There was plenty of surface activity from mullet and jumping sea trout, and as the tide started to flood groups of sandeels drifted past a couple of feet in front of me. Because of my recent success with orange/gold lures i went straight for the zonk 120 with a fantastic reflective orange/gold finish, i was confident so i started covering the area using a medium/fast retrieve with several pauses and the odd jerk. After about 10 minuets casting i felt a small hit on the lure but didnt hook it, a short while later after switching to a slow jerky retrieve i had another more positive strike at the lure, but again failed to connect with it. By this time i was well fired up as there was obviously fish around. Another 10 minuets went by and the orange zonk got smacked again, this time it stayed on, a small schooly (again). But cant grumble at my third bass in three trips, and all on orange lures. I had one follow on a orange/gold tide minnow, then all the activity died about three hours into the flood. Hello again to the guys i bumped into yesterday its great meeting other forum members while out and about. How did you get on chaps? You know who you are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts