The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this afternoon to the beach with my partner , so i took a rod along for company (as you do) incase she wore her voice box out. So after an hour on the beach i got itchy and off i went to the rocks at the end of the beach. It was an hour before high water with an onshore breeze. I started with a xlayer ayu on a 10gm jighead. Second cast BANG and after a hard but short fight i landed a Wrasse of just over 4lb, agreat start. Afew casts later then BANG again this time a Bass of 2lb a quick photo then back in. A quick smoke and back at it once more, 5 minutes later another Bass again of 2lb this went on for the next hour and i ended up catching 7 Bass to 21/2lb and the one wrasse all on the xlayer. Now for me that was a great session. I will try to put up some pictures when i figure out to resize them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
great stuff there mate.excellent fishing.

I resize my pics by right clicking them all and send to mail recipient. it asks if u want to make pics smaller. then poens a mail window. copy and paste the attachments to a folder and they are now resized nicely.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report Mike, super session and can't wait to see the pics :-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Well done on both aspects Mike...catching the fish and getting the fishing in when out walking with the missus........

I don't think I could get away with that.....:wink::wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well done Mike with 7 bass in 1 oppurtunist sesh you have caught as many as I have had in about trips!! And that is lovely wrasse there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well done on both aspects Mike...catching the fish and getting the fishing in when out walking with the missus........

I don't think I could get away with that.....:wink::wink:
Ha ha, should get extra points for that Mike.

Quite a good tactic for getting a couple of hours around Llandudno, while the wife is going around the shops.
My best ever example of snatching a few hours fishing was catching a salmon on the River Corrib in the middle of Galway City, while my better half was browsing in M&S about 400 yards away!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts