The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy P and myself had a few trips to the rocks this weekend. Andy christened his new rod with a Bass on Saturday night, and plenty of Wrass yesterday. Last Night i managed a Bass of arround 5lb, whilst unhooking the fish i noticed the tail of a Mackerel in it throat. I pulled it out to find a Horse Mackerel of arround 3/4 of a pound swallowed head first!! It still amazes me as to the size of pray a Bass will hit, i have caught school Bass on sand eels twice there size, but was astonished by this..

Attachments

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one on the fish Gaz. Amazing what they get in their mouths sometimes. Certainly doesnt make me think twice about using 20cm+ lures.

More interestingly, the Scad are in! LRF speedster target acquired!

·
Registered
340 Posts
nice one on the catch

Is interesting to see that the fish would actually think it could swallow another bait with its mouth allready full of scad!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Gaz,

I have recently purchased a Z-Claw Magnum and thought it might be a bit on the big side, but after seeing that Mackerel being pulled out I think it will be fine !!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, there is no way that the fish could have swallowed anything, so was suprised that it took a 6 inch Sidewinder!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts