The Lure Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... We've had some wader threads before and as you will know, i'm a big bloke round the middle with ikkle legs. I've not managed to commit myself to anything as yet and have got a new set of Neoprenes (killed the last ones while digging verm...), the FB size from Snowbee, fine but rather snug on the calf muscles... OK for while the water is still freezing as is the air, but it will warm up in the summer...

What I want to know is...

Does anyone have a set of Greys GRXi Stockingfoot waders in a larger size and is that size accurate to that quoted http://fly.greysfishing.com/cache/files/2302-1231662727/7-Greys_FlyFishing_2009_WadingWarrenty.pdf. I have seen several comments round the web which suggest that the size guide is not accurate but not which way as in bigger or smaller or by how much.

i.e. Large = 50" Chest and 49" waist with 36.5 inside leg. Which would be plenty big enough for me and clothes plus another 6 inches of legs.
X-Large = 52" Chest and 51" waist with 37 inside leg. Even i'd be swimming in those!!! :-o
Closest fit per the chart seems to be XK (not sure what it stands for but sounds better than FB!!) = 49 chest, 49 waist, 34 inside leg. Seems when you are fat, you have to be tall as well!! I've got Guernsey legs me!! That's the shortest leg with a waist and chest to fit with clothes.

I can't try them on first as you can't get them local without ordering which won't happen unless i commit to buy. Hardly worth the effort.

It's a lot of money to spend without decent back up evidence. HELP!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I've got Grxi stockingfoots. I'm a fat barsteward, and they fit fine. I'll check the size of them in a minute.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Addition... Just noticed I need to measure my thighs as well... That means the size XL or XLS would likely be the closest fit. So now I just need to know how accurate their sizes are from peoples experiences... Please!!

Edit: Does it matter if the feet are too big with stocking foot?? Really need the 9-11 size I guess

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
andy,ive just bought the grxi waders,im 46 chest,38 waist and 31 leg and size large is perfect.i wouldnt worry about the inside seam that much.i think my waders are 35 or 36 but there perfect.cheers daz ps andy if your slightly bigger then go next size up,the charts are way off

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for that. Technically XL should be quite a bit too big. I am 44 waist, 46 or 48 chest and they quote 50 waist and 52 chest so 6 inches extra each way. Do you reckon that's enough leeway??

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You could try ringing the Greys shop in Alnwick. I was up there the other weekend and they had some grxi's on the sale rack for about £100. I bought some g series breathables and GRXI boots for £110. I'm trying to find their number for the shop for you but I'm drawing a blank so far...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts