The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have the dates for the two open festivals in Guernsey next year.

Bailiwick Bass Club (BBC):

• 15-17 July
  • Full Moon Weekend
  • tides mid range springs highs 9-10pm, lows 3-4pm (roughly)
  • This one did not have a lure section last year but who knows.
  • C&R you have to keep the fish alive for official weighing at set times unless anything changes.

Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society (GBASS)

• 25-29 August
  • New Moon on the 29th
  • Tides start small but build fast to some of the biggest of the year by the 29th (this favours boats at the end but shore at the start). Low waters mid day to early afternoon.
  • We had a lure section last year, likely to be one again if I stump up this year...
  • C&R again you will likely have to keep fish alive for set weigh in times on official scales. We aren't Jersey just yet...
  • Enquiries to [email protected], web: www.gbass.co.uk

As far as if anyone wants to come over next year, i will be away on hols for the GBASS one so someone else will be doing the weigh ins.

That doesn't stop you from coming over for either comp and if you are I am quite happy to put together a list of my marks bass or wrasse, how I suggest you try fishing them and in what conditions. This is for forum people only and visitors to the island only and I will not post that sort of info publically, no offence to anyone but I know there are local netters on here.

Obviously, if you are coming over at any time I will do what I can to meet up, show yu about and give you some tips. You just have to ask :-D

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GBASS comp poster and brochure are now online, just stuck them up for those interested see the club website at http://www.gbass.co.uk/Festival.html, click on the poster to get the full brochure with prize lists and rules etc etc.

Not long now, which means i'll be on my hols soon as well!!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not here for it either, family holiday was booked first... I told them next year I need to be here!!

·
Sausage!
4,197 Posts
anychance i could get info of the next one plz always wanted to try me luck at this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts