The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signs of fish at last.
Just been out for a bike ride and on the way back there were gulls working off the beach. I stopped for a look and there were definitely baitfish being chased out of the water and plenty of splashes. Not sure what they were though but likely culprits are schoolies, gars and possibly mackerel.

Don't bother asking WHERE I saw them because I am not going to attract the 'wrong' attention. It was in Sussex though!!!!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Good news indeed. I had a knock on bait on Tuesday night, first bass take in a while. My mate dropped a bass last night on crab and a few others have landed some. Finally it's getting going!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
It took nearly 3 months for me last year even if I did start in March, this year though? First proper outing on Sunday I caught and 2 and a half pounder on my 4th casat to the mighty z-claw.

Popped out yesterday evening and the water was like mud. Still enjoyed myself though..... They are coming though. Hoorah!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Didnt see that catch report !!! You being a secret squirrel BassyBaby ?????
Mr Modest put it in on my Daytime LRF thread cos he didn't think it deserved it's own thread!!!!!!! :-o:wackit2:

·
Registered
932 Posts
You could tell I was rusty... ground behind me was too treacherous to land the fish on the shore without losing it, so I lifted it on to a big flat rock, unhooked the fish fiddled about in my pockets to take a pic and when I looked back the bugger had flapped itself off and was nowhere to be found.

simpsons-the-doh&#.jpg

I now share your zclaw love, Si!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
You could tell I was rusty... ground behind me was too treacherous to land the fish on the shore without losing it, so I lifted it on to a big flat rock, unhooked the fish fiddled about in my pockets to take a pic and when I looked back the bugger had flapped itself off and was nowhere to be found.

View attachment 796

I now share your zclaw love, Si!
I'd call that a nice neat C&R !!

As for the Z-Claw . . . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts