The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a new species for me this week end on SP,and then managed five of them in total.Had 2 gurnard last night on the East Coast and 3 more this morning on the west coast.All taken on Berkley sand worm.

As for wrasse has a total 39 last night and this morning.No big fish though.Biggest fish was about 2.5 lbs but had loads of fun catching them.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Nice one Steve, lovely little fish aren't they. Have you seen the amount of white bait about? The sea is litterally chocka with them especially around St Helier harbour. Well done with the Gurnard again bud.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one Steve, lovely little fish aren't they. Have you seen the amount of white bait about? The sea is litterally chocka with them especially around St Helier harbour. Well done with the Gurnard again bud.
Yeah **** , noticed alot of white bait when I was fishing last night.No bass either,weird to not even catch a schoolie.Strange somethings brewing,wish we knew what it is.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
as you say Stephen not many bass about for some of us. Nice to see the gurnard I had my first gurnard this year on Sp's this year as well which makes a change

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
We were amongst the Bass last night skishing the SE but it still hard going. Fish busting up everywhere though.
Excellent job on the Gurnard.

·
Registered
323 Posts
looks like one of our flathead that we get predators live in sand -weed beds certain speices grow to 11 kg have two spines on gill great eating but a 50-60cm fish is a good capture

1 - 9 of 9 Posts