The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped out today as the wind was forecast to drop for the afternoon Very lumpy when we went out and had to find shelter on the high tide.

First fish was caught on a snot green Jersey wonder and was about the 3lb Mark

Derek was not catching on his black coloured shad and swapped over to a white Jersey Wonder immediately he took a fish of around 2.5 lbs

Derek had a further fish around the same size a short time later. 3 fish in a few hours not bad I suppose on a small tide and it is almost November

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bass seem to like that bright green colour god knows why as nothing seems to match it in the sea

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
There are small (and the odd big) wrasse that colour Alan, especially around eel grass beds. But don't tell anyone!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
My Halloween was a mute affair.

2 Pollack and 2 Bass on a mix of hard and soft needlefish type methods.

If this weeks tides don't bring the Bass back into the game I'll be switching to LRF and Eging.

Worst Oct I can remember for years and we've had some good fish too but, overall, it's been terrible.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My Halloween was a mute affair.

2 Pollack and 2 Bass on a mix of hard and soft needlefish type methods.

If this weeks tides don't bring the Bass back into the game I'll be switching to LRF and Eging.

Worst Oct I can remember for years and we've had some good fish too but, overall, it's been terrible.
Worst October I can remember over here aswell for a good while , very disappointing , I even bought a box of squid the other day and put it in the freezer ready to admit defeat . Had them to 7lb 4oz but hardly got out during what is normally my favourite month . If the wind doesn't calm down in November that squid is coming out...

Nice to see someone getting a few fish as catch reports have gone quiet.......well done.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice fishing, good to see the home made's still doing the business for you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts