The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Andrew Walker has mentioned I am up for organising a Hampshire meet I say meet as I am not sure if we can yet claim bumble status. How about this weekend, saturday or sunday? All are welcome and hopefully a few from Dorset/Sussex will be able to meet half way and thus form a bigger group. I heavily recommend yellow/gold shallow divers but would love to see some other techniques/lures do the business.

A couple of days of settled weather should guarantee a good session. I normally fish two tides a trip a low and a high. This makes Sunday slightly better for a dawn start than Saturday but obviously whatever is best for the people.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Ben,

Bumble status will be achieved if everyone enjoys, shares knowledge and has a good time, simples :p

Good luck to you all :-D

Reactions: kevin pugh

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Steve. I was under the impression that bumbles needed an evening slot when beers are sunk not lures. Looks like we have a potential bumble on our hands!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben, If you don't mind me sneaking over the border, then I would be well up for it.
Happy to bow to your local knowledge as to which day to fish.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Needless to say I am up for this as well! Just need to... ahem!.... lay down the law at home (or just beg and plead as usual!!).

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Could probably have a go with the fly for the mullet when the bass get too easy to catch.....

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Could probably have a go with the fly for the mullet when the bass get too easy to catch.....
I keep meaning to have a serious go for mullet with the fly rod but always get side tracked with bass!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sunday it is! We just get that extra 40 mins before day break as it is the start of the flood that is best. But will probably start at at 6 am! This way we will hopefully be in the right place at the right time. Please bring all manner of methods as it will be a real eye opener for a one lure man like myself! I reckon daves walk the dog technique will kick ass! Also both marks are renowned for fly fishing and there really is no shortage of mullet! Ask Ivan for more details as I believe one gave him quite a tussle! Will you catch more probably not but you skilled few may get more satisfaction! Lots of small fry about! I am no local expert but have had great success this year. It would be great to see some of the real Hampshire locals about! Also any beginners this is a great place to learn and nab a few fish! I didn't blank from may till September. My only concern is that this time of year is a bit hit and miss! But if it fishes well it fishes great! Have had many hauls of over 5 fish in the 3 to 5 region! Sometimes I just can't help but catch! Ivan, Andrew, Chad, Mike and Scottie no what I mean!

And those from IOW jump on the ferry but we can let you know nearer the rime if conditions are worth the ferry.

But one thing that i have noticed is how great it is to meet up with anglers as crazy as you and chat face to face about fishing!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm in!!!!

Sunday is good for me
I may bring a few others but they'll probably be fly fishing if they do come. Not forum members and hardly ever fished for bass but they've done some bonefish fishing on the flats so they should be alright :D

Looking forward to it, just let me know where you'll be heading...usual place Ben?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
That does it, I will have to bring a fly rod as well! I couldnt cope watching others catching bass or mullet on the fly knowing I had left my fly rods at home!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben,
So sneaky slipping in the mullet on fly tactic-More bass for you and me then ;-)
Just kidding, would be awesome to see a few of those decent mullet hooked-now that would be a fight worth watching!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
6.45am low-just as it is getting light- I like your thinking Ben.
I was even checking out some red/gold lures earlier!!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'll be on the flat area just off the east side of the spit with a patchinko 100 and a crap load of bass around me :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep all welcome! Andrew just reminded me to tell you to all bring waders if you have them. Look forward to seeing you all! And am now worrying their will be severe lack of bass!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts