The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Callum and I managed an hour or two down at the town harbour this afternoon to test some new lures etc.

To be honest it wasn't that nice weather wise but Callum managed a respectable light HRF wrasse or two and I managed a smaller wrasse that went to ground but came out with some gentle persuasion :-D.

Interesting to see what was down there, we found a couple of new access points etc, and reminded ourselves of what a wrasse bite felt like!

I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in a regular Sunday LRF/HRF bumble. Meeting initially at the Public Services car park at La Collette at say 12 noon for those that can make it and either moving on from there or fishing the harbour area. No pressure to attend each week.

Let me know if you are interested and if so I will post a thread to confirm.

·
Registered
498 Posts
good idea paul, been a lack of bumbles over here lately, never really fished the harbours so keen to learn, nice one count me in m8

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one Callum/Paul. Tanker berth by the blocks? Lost a beast Bass from there on live pout a while back, but there must be some nice Wrasse down there too. I would be up for a regular trip down, cannot commit to every week, but can definitely make a few. I haven't bumbled much at all over the last 6 months

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm up for a sunday bumble. Need to get my breakage average up. Haven;t broke anything for a while so looking forward to it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, this sounds great as keen to learn and need to put some hours in. I've used the harbour more this year if only to practice and get off the ground with lrf style. Mixed results but very accessible place and I'm sure I will learn a lot.

thanks
Neil

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The more the merrier but it is very informal. Just turn up and wait and see who else had the same idea.

Not just to do the harbour. Moreso to use the Public Services carpark as a meeting point. Likewise its not about numbers of fish, just having a gentle bumble with some variety of fish possible.

The harbour could be a good stand by venue, with lee areas within walking distance in most weather.

We have spots to try for anything from flounder to scorpion fish.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sounds a good idea to me - anything thats get a few peops meeting up , exchanging ideas and a bit of banter is a good thing :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Will try to do as many of these and get some night bumbles sorted too.
We need to hit the Eging soon too.

I reckon it's worth doing a night LRF schoolie bash whilst the sea rats are still around..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Public services is a good meeting spot, nice & close to the boats. If weather is ok & time allows i can run all out to the castle on the odd day. Might be interesting to see if there's any big wrasse out there in the winter months. When i was in my teens we used to get good wrasse year round out there, less in the colder months but normally a good average size.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Steve. If I can get out there it over winter will be hard to resist taking a big rod and some bait!

·
Registered
340 Posts
As there seems to be a bit of interest , when will this be starting up if its going to happen?

Ill be keen for this sunday, need to get get out there and harden up a bit ;-)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
As this has become more of a Bumble-Organising thread than a Catch Report, i'm moving you guys across to the 'Meets Section', hope you dont mind :D.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jamo the idea is that anyone interested turns up as suggested above. If anyone wants to check to see if another forum member is turning up the just use the PM facility.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Jamo the idea is that anyone interested turns up as suggested above. If anyone wants to check to see if another forum member is turning up the just use the PM facility. " Let me know if you are interested and if so I will post a thread to confirm"

I thought it would be easier to arrange if its on and who is going through this thread as similar to other bumble threads, rather than scrolling back through thread seeing who is showing a interest and then Pm'ing them all and awaiting replies to see who might or might not be going and if find out no-one is might be too late to arrange/do something else!

I'm keen for it but every other w'end as work every other but am not up for heading down hanging around carpark to see who might show as if know one does, ill end up going home or fishing the outer la collete arm on my own as dont know many marks down that way ;-/

can it not be a little be organised to help those that want to attend as sounds a good idea and a few of us are keen for it, in the week before each weekend maybe?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It wasn't meant to be that complicated, just a regular meeting place and time for whoever. But if you want to post a weekly meet thread that is up to you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts