The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out today on the south east coast of Jersey not many other boats out as you could hardly blame them with a choppy sea and heavy drizzle,

However we managed 7 fish , Derek having his only fish on his first cast a fish of around 3lb came to the boat on a swim senko, I then took two fish again around 3lb tucked in behind a reef which took my purple redgill. Moving out onto deeper water I cast my 9inch Manns Hard nose with a curly tail up against a rock in about 25ft of water and a 3.5fish came to the boat. This was again followed by another slightly smaller fish which took the same lure.

Shot showing the lure

The second fish on this lure has almost devoured the lure.

I managed a further 2 fish to round the day off

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary 12 g jig head but I let it drift down before twitching this back in. The tail flutters well in the run

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Gary 12 g jig head but I let it drift down before twitching this back in. The tail flutters well in the run
That,s what I use as my heaviest lead head,anything heavier than that and it sinks to fast and the SP in use does a vertical dive head first down O.T.D. which does not give it a natural appearance.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Out in the same area on the kayak two of us had 21 bass best 5.5lb majority 2-3 ib ,unusually most were caught on the incoming tide .
Patchinco took a good number but the SP`s were coming into their own with the sandeel light colours working well.
had a companion under the kayak for quite a while a 2ib trigger fish happily stayed under kayak for 20 mins or so did not have the heart to try and fish for it.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nice Alan...but now that I have some can you please stick to redgills mate ....I'll run out of money buying all the different lures your catching on before I come over.....:muttley::muttley:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts