The Lure Forums banner

Which has been your favourite this year?

• Hard plastic

Votes: 59 54.1%
  • Soft plastic

Votes: 50 45.9%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have used both types this year, which do you consider to be your preferred lure type?

Hard

or

Soft

Please vote above, no replies needed a thread will be created after the poll has finished to discuss the results.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Soft for me. I enjoy fishing hard lures because there are places where I find it relatively easy to catch on them, but I just enjoy the fact that there is slightly more to think about with the soft stuff.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I've only really started using hard plastics in earnest this year so they are my favourite at the moment

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This year, after a two year break, I resumed lure fishing for all my fishing and following my joining this forum caught the 'soft plastics' bug. I have had some success with pike but as yet have still to hammer the perch with SPs. This is down to my inexperience in the techniques but the signs are promising and I will catch a few decent ones. Being on a pension and a bit tight fisted I enjoy the cheapness of the SPs. These days my stress levels rise whenever I have a £20 note (Oops! I mean a hard plastic lure) on the end of my line.

David

·
Registered
247 Posts
Soft soft soft, where I fish is very shallow and has no massive tide up or down plus having lost 4 feed shallows in 3 weeks (£100). Using SP's texas style I find you're in the water 4 times longer than HP's. there again I never go anywhere without a patchincko!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
i am finding that i am taking to fishing surface lures so its got to be hard at the moment

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I did very little fishing this year with soft plastics, well apart from the LRF stuff, so I think it has to be hard plastics for me this year. That said I think that this may change next year after I get a few more fish under my belt on sp's and a little more confidence using them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Softs have been a real eye opener for me.

Homemade even more so!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have caught a dam site more on softs than hard this year in general shall be sticking with the sp's for a long while yet me thinks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts