The Lure Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen these earlier so grabbed a pic, does anyone know or seen these before?




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Nope - look good though, Mike. What brand are they?
 

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
softie said:
Not seen them before but they look ok. Why would you want a wading boot made from goretex though?
I dont think they are wading boots, they're shimano branded
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
plugs said:
softie said:
Not seen them before but they look ok. Why would you want a wading boot made from goretex though?
I dont think they are wading boots, they're shimano branded
F1 boots? Dry rock boots? Dancing boots? Mike, I have no idea what they are, but guess they are waterproof providing it doesn't run down the leg :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
Has anyone trid the new Sims boots that come with a Vibram sole. If Vibram have roduced something along te lines of their mounatin heritage, thegrip they should give over rock should be awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,192 Posts
JonB said:
Has anyone trid the new Sims boots that come with a Vibram sole. If Vibram have roduced something along te lines of their mounatin heritage, thegrip they should give over rock should be awesome.
Whe Hey, welcome aboard Dr Jon, glad to see you here. Hope you'll see through my thinly veiled disguise, Jersey was such a long time ago. Hows Tracy?

(sorry nothing to do with boots)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
ive not used them personally but guides i work with rate them highly, my simms aquastealth are still going strong and i have felt ones and studded felt so plenty of options!!! lol. but i did recommend them on their oppinions, will get a pair when one of my other pairs finally pack in!! simms though so probably no time soon!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
JonB said:
Has anyone trid the new Sims boots that come with a Vibram sole. If Vibram have roduced something along te lines of their mounatin heritage, thegrip they should give over rock should be awesome.

JonB, its not the design of the sole that really grips the rock.....its the stickiness of the rubber compound.....have you tried anything with 5.10 stealth rubber.....this stuff is the ultimate spidey shoe mate :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
Blockhead said:
Whe Hey, welcome aboard Dr Jon, glad to see you here. Hope you'll see through my thinly veiled disguise, Jersey was such a long time ago. Hows Tracy?

(sorry nothing to do with boots)
Hi Andy
Tracey's fine but she's not fishing at the moment - it's too cold. Girls huh........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
softie said:
JonB, its not the design of the sole that really grips the rock.....its the stickiness of the rubber compound.....have you tried anything with 5.10 stealth rubber.....this stuff is the ultimate spidey shoe mate :cool:
I've heard of 5.10 stealth, but never tried it. Is it that much better than the Vibram sole? Most of the clibmers I've seen ths year remain committed to Vibram but that may be as it was mainly around Chamonix and therefore pretty cold.
 

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
softie said:
JonB said:
Has anyone trid the new Sims boots that come with a Vibram sole. If Vibram have roduced something along te lines of their mounatin heritage, thegrip they should give over rock should be awesome.

JonB, its not the design of the sole that really grips the rock.....its the stickiness of the rubber compound.....have you tried anything with 5.10 stealth rubber.....this stuff is the ultimate spidey shoe mate :cool:

Si, any pics of the spidey shoes? Hi Jon btw.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top