The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whilst I assume many of you are very experienced anglers....

let me tell you what I see has happened here on this forum.

1 year in and I'm seeing guys trying new stuff, more catch reports of multiple species (not just Bass).

I see people are actually improving and sharing and getting out there, helping other guys out where possible. It is awesome and the way I always thought lure fishing and fishing in general should go.

I know people do all this 'thanks' stuff for my posts and i get loads of emails and PM's from blokes who are actually having a ball on different methods.

Take it from me, thanks aside, it is very satisfying to read the forum and watch people grow as anglers. Some of you blokes have made astonishing progress.

I urge all of those improvers to carry on with the catch reports and the discussion of methods etc to further help those behind you.

And, to those who are 'behind' or feel they are 'behind'...
You aren't. You are no different. Get in there, ask questions, go to bumbles, try new stuff, just do it. You aren't going to lose anything, just gain, gain, gain...

well, almost always gain. Sometimes it goes horribly wrong LOL...

If you want to see how far things have moved on in just 1 year, take a look around on other 'forums' and see that they haven't.

Heard the saying....

'do the same thing, get the same results' ?

change that to....

' I'll do something different and i might get a different result'.

Great 2010 so far.
can't wait to see the progress in 2011.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Ditto Keith, we never stop learning, and when we do its time for a new hobby.

I hope that new, and old members alike, never feel a question is too dumbass to ask, I still get emails everyweek asking me what basic techniques are like walk the dog, long sliding etc. The forum has excellorated away at a great speed since we freed ourselves from some dead weights, but we should never forget that a question asked a thousand times can also be the first time asked for some people.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Ditto Keith, we never stop learning, and when we do its time for a new hobby.

I hope that new, and old members alike, never feel a question is too dumbass to ask, I still get emails everyweek asking me what basic techniques are like walk the dog, long sliding etc. The forum has excellorated away at a great speed since we freed ourselves from some dead weights, but we should never forget that a question asked a thousand times can also be the first time asked for some people.
Long sliding????

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Superb point there guys, I only made the leap a couple of months ago and my angling style and knowledge has grown exponentialy in this time mainly thanks to people here answering my dumbass questions.
Attending the first bumble on sunday and cant wait, only using cheap gear though having a ball every second in time i will build up the tackle ect well that started with bits aquired on sunday thanks ****. much much appreciated.
Started work next new car again then i can fish properly and not be held back truely inspirational tales on here, from many differnt people.
The growth of lrf has fascinated me, and it is such good fun i havent got the right gear fishing too heavy till funds allow though loving every second of it all the way through.

Thanks to all the guys on this site long may it continue. ;-)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Lure fishing was the first sort of fishing I did nearly 30 years ago, still learning.
But this forum, has opened huge new areas of lure fishig to me. I have asked plenty of dumb questions on here. And received excellent advice from the members with great knowledge.
I have to say the speed at which this forum and it's member are evolving is pretty exciting-interesting times ahead!!!
No one shoudl feel afraid to ask a question on here, everyone had to learn sometime.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well said Keith :p And a big thank you to everyone else who contributes to this forum :clap:

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Nicely said Keith, this forum has introduced LRF to me and now it's my favourite arm of the sport. While I don't have the opportunity to get out much with other like-minded souls, I know I can come back here, ask a question and get a good answer. Long live this forum!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Well said Keith. I've learnt so much the past year. Thanks to everyone but a few in particular.

Bob J
**** W
Paul B
Kev & Keith
Callum R

So I'd like to say a huge thanks to you guys for all your help the past 12 months.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Roll on 2011 and especially the wrasse challenge!! one area where I fell we can all get involved, loads of people giving it a go now and it's starting to show. I actually think about fishing more now than I did before (was that possible??). Work is doing my nut looking at the sea all day from inside a glass building not being able to get there, thinking all the time about ideas of what to try next and no doubt someone else has done it so i can just come online and ask with no worries about secret squirrel biting my head off, and also not worried about anyone knowing what I am doing as well. What i worry most about is forgetting that great thought I had while writing a Trustee resolution, and i know I forget most of the stuff I think about during the bored day at work. Gonna have to start writing stuff down I reckon!!

For everyone on here:

Just ask and ye shall learn

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Despite the fact that a lot of what we are doinghas been around for years, it never really took of here. Now it has taken off and with the foresight and determination of people like yourself boundaries are being obliterated, rules rewritten and new life has been breathed into sad Winter nights behind beach rods!!! The only frustrations for me are too much time at work and not enough fishing. Loads of things to try, not enough time to try them. And the fact that some people are just plain spoilt venue wise.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Spot on Keith I like trying the different methods that people mention on this forum and have learnt loads this year

·
Registered
498 Posts
what a difference a year makes!!!, thanks to the forum and the bumbles. i look at sea fishing in a whole new way, got me thinking like i used to in my carp days in the uk, still got a hell of a lot to learn about the sea but enjoying every minute, thanks to all involved

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
This is a nice place to be, no doubt. Whilst I personally had a "poor" year in terms of bass caught, I still made some significant progress, mainly based on what I picked up from here, and so has my lad, George. We have caught pike on lures ("bass" lures mainly!), caught at loads of new venues, realised soft lures are very effective and so much cheaper than hard lures, caught some really good wrasse on lures, and even won some prizes (well George has!). George has even caught a bunch of bass on the fly with flies donated by forum members (you know who you are chaps.).
I caught bass on drifted senkos, wrasse on dead-sticked X-layers, my first bass on a Slug-Go despite owning them for two+ years and lots more besides. It just takes the courage to try something new. And guess what - it works! What a year for the forum. Long may it continue. Cheers, guys.

Reactions: Keith White

·
Registered
48 Posts
Personally this year has been a bit of a let down for me generally as fishing goes, work has simply been manic which is a good thing for my business (not moaning), but i love to fish and lurefishing is just a different gravy sometimes when it comes to experiences at the waters edge.
The other regret is my lack of input to the forum (purely due to lack of fishing time and little experiences to share) i normally work the lures for 20+ hrs a week but this year has seen two dedictated sessions since early spring (i even left my beloved supermix in alderney with a fellow forumite as it was feeling neglected).

The one thing that has kept me in touch with lurefishing is this forum and i must say what a refreshing and exciting place to be, i am a member of other forums as most are on here and i must admit i was shocked to see the way some of them have gone they were basically a place to ridicule people that were trying new things,damage peoples reputations, and well basically if u didnt agree with the general opinion your the idiot.

i constantly pop on here when i should be pricing jobs, and the vast amount of quality info,catch reports and want of people to share info and experiences is astounding and a credit to all that contribute.
2011 promises have been made to purposely make time to fish,even if its on the way to work at some ungodly hour, i'm going, and secondly share my experinces,catch reprots (hopefully) and most certainly ask stupid questions.
Many thanks to all involved with the forum that is simply a mecca for all things lurefishing.
Roll on 2011

1 - 17 of 17 Posts